Disributor Cap Corrosion - Daewoo Matiz - IanW1977
Just replaced the Dizzy cap and Rotor arm on a 6 year old 35k Matiz because I noticed one HT Lead had corroded (Green stuff) and caused the Cap point to corrode too.
So replcaed the Leads and Cap and 2 weeks later the same has happened on the same HT lead.
Any ideas whats causing this ??
Disributor Cap Corrosion - Daewoo Matiz - Dynamic Dave
one HT Lead had corroded (Green stuff)

Just a thought. What colour is your antifreeze, and do any of the coolant pipes sit above or very neer to the cap?
Theres no pipes near it - Can't see why after 2 years (If it is) that water is getting in that part of the Engine bay ??
Disributor Cap Corrosion - Daewoo Matiz - Dynamic Dave
I was basing my assumption on your comment that the corrosion was green.
Disributor Cap Corrosion - Daewoo Matiz - Victorbox
Is the cap near the battery? After 6 years if it is the original battery and is it "gassing" or leaking you may be getting residue on the nearby lead. I'm wondering how you see the new corrosion without pulling off the lead as the rubber boot over the end of the lead should cover up the metal bits? Of course you may be pulling off the lead. Another clean up and use of some WD-40 might sort out the corrosion on the cap/lead.
Gave em another clean and had a check around the area for any signs of anything leaking but can't see anything.
It's really weird as the Dizzy is located in such an area as there doeesn't seem anywhere where water or any other substance can leak onto it.
Disributor Cap Corrosion - Daewoo Matiz - Pete M
It's probably a good idea to put a coating of silicone grease on the terminals to repel water. Corrosion requires moisture, and the grease stops the water getting to the metal. I always put a good blob of this at both ends of HT leads, in electrical plugs, and on the battery terminals.

From Maplin:
Multi Purpose Silicone Grease Manufacturer: Servisol
?Lubricates, waterproofs, insulates and preserves electrical and electronic equipment
?High surface resistivity
?Ideal for switch contacts, ignition systems and EHT connections
?Operational from -5C to +200C
?Order Code RE92A recommended for solvent removal
?Available in 200ml (RE81C) aerosol and 50g tube (RE90X)

Prices appear to be UKP2.99 for 50g and 3.99 for 70g tubes.

Disributor Cap Corrosion - Daewoo Matiz - Sprice
The green is indicative of copper oxidation (just like the roofs of certain old buildings have a green tinge!)so as others have suggested, reclean, then spray with silicone HT lead sealer available in any motor factors.
Cool
Got a tub of grease from my old Nitro RC Car days so will do this
Disributor Cap Corrosion - Daewoo Matiz - Aprilia
Distributor cap is a well known problem area on the Matiz. Advisable to replace it every year or two. Some Electrolube 'anti humidity spray' on the contacts will help too.
Other troublespots on these are cracked inlet manifolds and blown head gaskets - so keep a close eye on it.
What mileage is the 800CC Engine good for ??
Just ticked onto 35k now.