Passat tdi 2002. brake pad warning light - markee
I have a passat 2002 tdi 130bhp When i start the car the the brake warning light comes on & tells me to check the brake pads then the light stays on. I have checked the pads & they are ok also i have unpluged the wires which go th the pads & still it comes on .Does anyone have any idears.
Passat tdi 2002 - Adam {P}
It it specifically telling you to check the pads or just a generic brake warning light? If the latter, I'm thinking brake fluid level?
--
Adam
Passat tdi 2002 - markee
Thanks for the reply but it does say check brake pads in the book
Passat tdi 2002 - v8man
It may be worth checking the wires going to the pads for chafing or breakages. If they are damaged and touch the bodywork or suspension the light will come on. This is how the system works. When the pad wears down to the embedded wire it touches the brake disc and earths, completing the ciscuit.
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
Passat tdi 2002. brake pad warning light - Civic8
As a matter of interest.Have you checked the fluid level??
--
Steve
Passat tdi 2002. brake pad warning light - Halmer
Have you taken the wheel off and checked the inside pads front and rear?

I had the same problem on my Passat. Visually through the alloy they looked fine at service. Two weeks later the warning light came on. The inside pads front and back were worn to the extent that the warning light was operating.
Passat tdi 2002. brake pad warning light - markee
I have checked the fluid level & the pads all is ok i have also disconected the wire from both pad so i know it is not the pads.

Thanks again
Passat tdi 2002. brake pad warning light - Halmer
Sorry mate. Failed to put two and two together!