Glass's or CAP's for Punter - Clouddz
Im gonna be buying a car in about 3 months time and a I've been offered an April Glass's guide from a trader. I would be looking to buy my next car from auction (around £3.5K to spend) so is it worth buying the Glass's guide for values or should I look for a CAP's guide?

Also is it totally pointless buying a trade guide that I won't use for 3 months compared to buying a Parkers guide in the summer? I ask cos of the frequent mentions of as massive price divide between the trade/public guides.

Thank you in Advance
Glass's or CAP's for Punter - blue_haddock
How much is he offering to sell it to you for? You can pick up fairly recent copies up on Ebay for about a tenner.

If you know what your doing and how to interpret it properly then a few month old copy of CAP will be more accurate than an "up to date" copy of Parkers.
Glass's or CAP's for Punter - Clouddz
Hi Blue haddock

He offered it to me for £30. I have bought cars in the past from auctions but they were safe 3yr old ex-finance ones although I have a sneaky feeling I paid too much for an MOT'ed Cat C. car last year at the Banger end of the auction market and now I have to make a decision on wether to spend £4-500 to get it MOT'ed again or cut my losses.

Do you think around £3k would get me a decent car? as I've only had good exp. from £5K cars bought for family members.

Cheers
Kev