volvo 740 warning lamps - vince volvo
my trusty old volvoil has grown a warning light on the dash. Its a green triangle with what looks like an upside down letter y inside.Everything seems to run ok (for the moment !!)but I'm geeting twitchy wondering what it is.
I've checked my Haynes manual, I've tried on the net and I dont have the original owners handbook so I'm stumped....any volvo genius out there any idea what it could be warning me about before something falls off....eeekkkk.
Cheers
Vince Volvo
volvo 740 warning lamps - adverse camber
lambda sensor.

Can you not read the error cdes on a 740 from under the bonnet ?

wander over to the voc site

www.volvoclub.org.uk/dc/dcboard.php
volvo 740 warning lamps - Cliff Pope
You can read the codes from a little black box under the bonnet, usually mounted on the inner wing. You need to find the exact procedure from the book or the Volvo website. Basically you insert a probe, press a button in a set sequence, and then count the neon flashes. 3-digit sequence, in two separate sockets, one for ignition, one for fuel system.
Sometimes the code can be quite spurious, meaning nothing, and clearing the codes clears the light. There is a sequence procedure for clearing the codes, which reappear next time the engine is started if the fault is real and hasn't been fixed.
The easy way to try clearing it is just to disconnect the battery, but check you have the radio code first. You might be lucky and it goes away, or there could be a fault in a sensor somewhere, and the light will come back on again.
volvo 740 warning lamps - vince volvo
cheers folks, I am getting my hands dirty as we speak, thank pink fluffy dice nowts fallen off, onwards to the next 100,000 miles.
:)

vince volvo
volvo 740 warning lamps - defender
our 940 sensor light came on but it still passed mot emmissions test ,after cleaning out the flame trap the light went out again.
volvo 740 warning lamps - volvoman
Same thing happened on our old 940 - the fix was a 10 minute job by the dealer who simply cleaned a sensor. It never happened again.