saxo spare wheel???? - christine
I have just noticed some moron has stolen my spare from the cradle under the boot. Does anyone know if the new one I have got to buy can be made secure or is it a question of just putting it in my boot?
saxo spare wheel???? - Huw
I was reading about this problem last night on a picasso owners site. A variety of solutions were discusses from 'hot wiring' the spare to a high voltage, painting it an 'undesirable colour, using a bike lock from Wilkinsons or biting the bullet and getting a proper locking device fitted. I believe this has been discussed on this site too. I believe Citroen will deny liability for 'having made the wheel available to be stolen' and at some considerable cost fit a locking device. An alternative has been suggested from ospreyproducts.
thanks for that huw,will bear that in mind. I didnt realise when I bought this , how susceptable it is to this type of thing. It has been broken into twice. It seem they are easier to get into than a tin of beans. Guess I will keep it in the boot then,,,,
Broken into twice and spare stolen - Shheesh - how long have you had it?

Your situation sure makes me appreciate our vilage life. When I bought this house the chap who sold it to me couldn't give me a key to the back door - He had not locked it in the 7 years he had lived here.
three years and still payin for it. Its only my second car. Not had much luck. Got a garage a street away and it was broken into so gave it up.One of the penalties of living in city.
and the trouble i have had with the brakes is unreal.
Still its exciting when you are young.

I hope you get something sorted - maybe you will get lucky and someone will nick it and remove the problem - maybe even falling victim to those brakes. Nah - Too much to hope for I think.
saxo spare wheel???? - ihpj
PUGs tend to suffer from such thefts as do Zafira's (of late). You can trawl through eBay and find a genuine manufacturer kit or good third party equivalent to secure your spare wheel.

I bought one off eBay the other day for use in my 205. Cost me £15 (inc. postage) while my PUG dealer wanted £37 + VAT. Unfortunately if you have an exterbnally mounted wheel, you gotta have these devices fitted. I can excuse PUG for using such a spare wheel carrying system, sicne the car is a 1992 K plate (14 yrs old) - but any manufacturer using this design (without default protection) on current/newer models - it's just scandolous IMHO.

If you're not in Thames Valley Police area then report it ;)