fiesta air recirculation flap motor - Ford Dagenham
Hello All.

The Air recirculation motor has apparently packed up on the fiesta.

She claims it is stuck closed as the windows steam up and wont clear properly.

Is this an expensive fix ?

You are probably wondering but i don't seem to ever have any complaints about the mondeo is it really a Ford.
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
fiesta air recirculation flap motor - mfarrow
Has the pollen filter been replaced recently? Could be in need of a change.
Hello.

The pollen filter was replaced 4 weeks ago.
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
fiesta air recirculation flap motor - Victorbox
Just a thought. Could it be the pollen filter cover has not been replaced properly and pollen filter is now soaking wet leading to a misted up windscreen?
Hello.

There used to be a noise after pressing the button it sounds like the motor has died.

Is this an expensive job.
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
fiesta air recirculation flap motor - buzbee
Martin: I had a Fiesta circa 1998 from new and the motor failed on that shortly after I bought it. Like yours it also no longer clicked after pressing the button.

Yes it would have been expensive. The motor is very difficult to get at. They took out the dash and said they also had to do something with the steering column.

The garage took the car to pieces either three or four times! First to find out what it was and then put it back while waiting for the part!!! Then they ordered something other than the motor and fitted it and gave me the car back --- it still did not work.

Then they had it in again and fitted a new motor. I think you are looking at over 4 hours work for each attempt. At least that is the impression I got.
fiesta air recirculation flap motor - buzbee
Make sure they order a motor BEFORE they start the job.
fiesta air recirculation flap motor - Dynamic Dave
Alternately, if you can get to the flap behind the dash and manually open it, this'll stop the windows from misting up.