Not So Intelligent brake lights from BMW - bugged {P}
Morning all,

Something weird just happened, got to work this morning been in about 20mins when mate rang and said my brake lights were on!!!
When I went and looked sure enough the proper brake lights were on, even the high level one, I unlocked the car and they went off?????

Is this some sort of parking light thing I dont know about?
Or is it that I can't seem to buy a car without faulty wiring???
Not So Intelligent brake lights from BMW - L'escargot
Or is it that I can't seem to buy a car
without faulty wiring???

Probably not the wiring as such, but the gizmos connected to one end or the other.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Not So Intelligent brake lights from BMW - Stargazer {P}
Most if not all cars have brake lights which work even when the ignition is turned off and key removed. In these circumstances pressing on the foot brake pedal will light up the brake lights. Most likely cause of fault is a sticky or badly adjusted actuator switch for the brake pedal. Perhaps unlocking the car dislodged the stuck switch or reset something?

Try the brake lights with the keys removed.

StarGazer
Not So Intelligent brake lights from BMW - bugged {P}
Hi all,
Just thought id let you know they seem to have found the problem with the mini, I rang the garage as soon as they opened who told me to wait 3 weeks before they could look at it. "er no, I dont think so" I called mini emergency out as directed by the garage, man arrives, car behaves perfectly. Theres a suprise!

Call back the garage tell them im not going to drive around with intermitant brake lights and that id be bringing the car in the same afternoon, this person who I spoke to agreed although they couldnt provide me with a car for the weekend, the woman told me i'd have to call emergency again and they would sort it out! Pay all this money for a car and have to sort out my own car, if they made them properly in the first place none of this would have happened!! GGGRRR

Anyway garage call me the same afternoon 2 hrs after car went in and Ive been told its the ECU and a new one is needed, its going to be Tuesday before the part even arrives, at the moment im stuck with an Astra, brand new, 1.4 SLOW!!! like really really slow, its a be of a shock when you are used to being able to overtake, not a chance in this!!

All in all my BMW mini experiance so far is rated at 7/10 the first few people are spoke to couldnt seem to care less, the men in the Garage when i arrived where great however!

oooh one other thing I noticed was v cool, when i got there before asking anything else he asked for my key, he stuck in in this gadget on his desk and could tell the history of the car!! down to the miles id driven and everything!! Pretty Flash!