Speedometer slightly wobble - Daihatsu - maru
My speedometer needle seems to wobble slightly in between the range of 40 & 60 km/h. Beyong 60km/h everything seems ok, would it be due to dirt build up in the magnetic area or a faulty/bent cable.

Its a Daihatsu Cuore. 1.0L EFI. 2 year old.

59000km on the clock.
Speedometer slightly wobble - Daihatsu - mjm
If the speedo is cable driven, it could be that the cable has started showing some signs of wear. It is worth checking to see if it has moved out of place, or a retaining clip has broken. If it runs close to the exhaust, the heat may have dried out any lubricant on it. If it is relatively easy to get access to the top of it, it may be worth running some oil down inside the outer cable. This needs to be done a drop at a time otherwise it goes everywhere!
Speedometer slightly wobble - Daihatsu - ihpj
I too would have said that it was a frayed speedo cable or soemthing. Usually nothing nasty. Recently the speedo needle on my PUG has started to shiver, especially when the car is warm. Next service I'll go get it changed cause it bugs the hell outta me! :)
Speedometer slightly wobble - Daihatsu - Civic8
Cannot say I have seen a frayed one. Outer cable has a nylon type inner casing.Which acts as lubricant.If broken down will cause a shuddering effect on cable to speedo.Its unlikely any lubricating will help.Replacement will be best bet.Unless you intend spending an hour or so dripping oil into inner cable.That may not actually make any difference.If it does its only a temp measure?
--
Steve