Pug 205 GTI Engine Problem - Brookman74
Hello all,

I have a pug 205 1.9 GTI. My problem is as follows;
The throttle seems to be either on or off, by this I mean it is very difficult to drive the car smoothly; if I try and apply a small amount of throttle the car will jump foward. If I try and hold the car at a steady speed (at low speed and low rpm) the car seems to jump along like a rabbit!!Therefore I find I have to ride the clutch far too much. I know the 205 is known for being a bit lumpy when ticking over but this is problem I have is not normal. Its as if the throttle has no sensitivity...it feels like its on or off!

The wiring under the bonnet is a bit of a mess...due to some monkey installing a reconditioned engine and gearbox. A mechanic looked uinder the bonnet and said my crank sensor wire was not connected! surely the car wouldnt run without the crank sensor connected??

Any help and ideas are much appreciated,

thanks

Jon
Pug 205 GTI Engine Problem - elekie&a/c doctor
First things to check are the rubber breather hoses &pipes for splits & security,especially the main ribbed intake pipe from the airflow meter to inlet manifold.Also the air intake butterfly housing needs to be clean & the black 3-pin throttle switch needs to be set up correctly sothat the engine control unit can "see" a closed throttle idle situation.Check connections to the airflow meter,pull back rubber boot & make sure terminals are good.If the engine /gearbox has been out ,then check main wiring earth leads on top of g/box.The crank sensor on these is only used to set up ignition timing & is not used for engine running.