alloy locknut romoval 53 Fiesta - pete d
Have just found out i have no removal key to change a wheel.Ford say will have to get new set but others will have to be drilled out or chiselled off first can anyone please advise.
alloy locknut romoval 53 Fiesta - Adam {P}
I had the exact same problem on my Focus. Ford wanted something like 70 quid.

Went to the local tyre place, got them took off and 4 new locking ones.

All in, 30 quid...or something like that.
--
Adam
alloy locknut romoval 53 Fiesta - henry k
If it is the original locknut then Ford or the original supplier should be able to supply the details for a replacement.
There are trade devices for easily removing locknuts.
There are also other DIY methods available which I will not go nto.
alloy locknut romoval 53 Fiesta - Aprilia
Most tool factor will sell a special socket for undoing these; I bought one for £17 a couple of years ago - tyre fitting outlets and garages also keep them. Not really a problem.
alloy locknut romoval 53 Fiesta - L'escargot
Most tool factor will sell a special socket for undoing these;
I bought one for £17 a couple of years ago -
tyre fitting outlets and garages also keep them. Not really
a problem.

Are they all this easy to foil? I assumed that those on my Focus, being deeply recessed into the alloy wheel, were relatively theft-proof. Or am I being naive?
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
alloy locknut romoval 53 Fiesta - Adam {P}
It took the tyre bloke a good while to take mine off - making a hell of a lot of noise.

I wouldn't worry too much
--
Adam
alloy locknut romoval 53 Fiesta - ihpj
If your car was bought from a Ford Main Dealer then go back to them and get them to arrange everything for you FOC. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Else if the need is more pressing, then get what you need doing done and send them the bill.
alloy locknut romoval 53 Fiesta - defender
if you only want to get the locking studs of once an ordinary socket with a roll pin slipped down the inside will bite into the stud and loosen it.getting the size of the socket right is the trick to this ,not too loose and not to tight and roll pin is hard enough to get grip