Berlingo M/Space Heater Blower/Fan - 2mpv
Hi,citroen berlingo multispace(mk1 51) 1.9d with a/c.The heater blower/fan is on full blast constantly.No haynes manual available(according to their website);pulled the fuse,it stops.pulled a relay(above acc pedal)also stops it.Disconnected power to fascia switch(after dismantling switch and loads of the fascia)and it still ran full blast;anybody with any ideas please?Many thanks 2mpv.
Berlingo M/Space Heater Blower/Fan - Altea Ego
It needs a new resistor pack. Possibly fitted on the blower assembly itself. Dont know this vehicle so I cant advise on ease of replacement or cost.
Will take blower out and have alook for resistor pack.At the back of control dial,there is a circuit board? with 3 or 4 tiny rectangular blocks,wondering if these are the resistors.Will post later in week.2mpv
Hi,have tried a used fan/blower,still the same;have tried a used relay,still the same;have tried a used fascia switch/dial control unit,still the same;any body any ideas,very much appreciated.Many thanks 2mpv
Berlingo M/Space Heater Blower/Fan - dieselnut
I don't know if this will be relevant, but from memory my Citroen CX suffered a similar problem.
There was a small electronic unit mounted behind the glove box.
This had failed going short circuit, so the fan ran flat out.
Have a good look around near to the fan, it will probably be bolted to something metal to disipate the heat with I think 3 wires to it. Think I managed to get a replacement item from Maplin Electronics, much cheaper than Citroen spares. Best of luck.