Woe, Woe, Woe ! - hillman
I have a problem reversing my Legacy up the garden path. Can?t see the low wall, path is narrow and very steep. Keep touching wall and knocking blocks off onto neighbour?s side with loud noise (600mm drop). The car only has only one reversing light, which is set too high and to one side.
So, I discuss with dealer?s service manager the fitting of two after-market reversing lights, almost hiding them below the rear valence, as high as I can without affecting the beam. I to provide the lights and fabricate two brackets. I fit one light, lying on the path in the snow. Can?t fit the other, the exhaust box is in the way. Service manager agrees to fit the second light during the first (12000 mile) service, to raise the car on ramps and drop the exhaust box to get in with a drill. He also agrees to supply and fit an ultrasonic reversing alarm.
I go in to show the manager the light I have fitted, and the bracket I prepared for the second. We both agree that it will fit. First service booked for a week later. Hand over and agree a list of requirements, including said reversing alarm.

Arrived a.m. to deliver car, lady says that the alarm has not been ordered - gentleman says they thought that I hadn?t wanted one. Asked them to order alarm and arranged to go again one week later.
Arrived p.m. to collect car and paid £310+ for additional work, full geometry realignment (tyres wearing unevenly), change auto transmission fluid and gearbox oils, fit reversing light.
Next morning, in daylight, look at the lights. Body has been drilled but in wrong place and holes left raw. (Had to paint the holes myself.) Light is fitted below plastic valence. The light is two inches lower than the other, and if I do reverse (say, over a block) and hit it, the valence will tear and the lamp fall off. More difficult to hit the other, but if I do the bracket is long and thin enough to bend.

Went today to have the alarm fitted and pick up my bracket. Auto electrician informs me that he cut up my bracket to make stiffeners for the plastic valence. Pay £290+ for alarm and fitting. Car is Silver, alarm sensors are very dark grey, almost Black. (I think that they forgot to specify the colour.)

I can now see the wall beautifully, and tomorrow will put waste paper bin on path to familiarise myself with the alarm. When weather improves I will make another bracket, drop the exhaust box, re-drill the holes and re-fit the light.
Don?t ask me to go back, age HAS dimmed me !!
Woe, Woe, Woe ! - BobbyG
Obviously too late for this now, but depending on the length of driveway would it not have been easier to have a couple of lights fitted to it?
I have a halogen sensor activated floodlight half way up my driveway that comes on when car approaches and makes it very easy to see at night!
Woe, Woe, Woe ! - nortones2
Oh dear. Have a narrow drive, but level, slightly dog-legged. Neighbour on opposite side of road has damned security light, thoughtlessly aimed to throw candlepower onto our side as well as his, so we can be blinded, esp. in damp conditions etc. To be sure of not rolling off (200mm drop onto adjacent neighbours side) I fit reflecting "cats eye" thingys onto an aiming point, a handy drain pipe. Picks up reversing lights clearly. Works well, if there is an aiming point of course!