argggh! metro alarm! k reg diesel. - thebouncingbunny
what the!didnt even know it had one!battery went flat now the alarm????seems to have armed itself.setting off the horn beep beep beep.havent ever had a handset fob.is there any way of disarming it or disabling it.please help before i put a match to it!
thanks, bunny
argggh! metro alarm! k reg diesel. - keo-the-dog
you got mail...cheers...keo.
argggh! metro alarm! k reg diesel. - thebouncingbunny
dude thanks for your help!looks like a new battery has seen the problem go away.so a/the weak battery caused the alarm to act up or b/theres a disaster waiting to happen!either way its ok now and the car will be sold in the very near future!
thanks for your prompt reply. yet another woe sorted :)
bunny
no probs mate glad you got it sorted many of these older metro's have alarm problems...cheers...keo.
argggh! metro alarm! k reg diesel. - Dr Rubber
Keo,
My friends L plate 1.4 petrol metro alarm has just packed in. The remote fob won't switch it off. I've tried two new batteries in the remote, but it still won't switch off. Any ideas? Rover want £100 to sort it!
Joe
argggh! metro alarm! k reg diesel. - Chris S
If you're anywhere near Birmingham try Viking Spares (go down the road beside Kings Norton station).

They've got the proper Austin Rover programming/diagnostic hardware and charge a lot less than a Rover dealer.
the original info i gave was wrong and after checking it out it apparently has to be de-activated by rover although some independants can do it shouldn't cost a oner though as it dont take long my mate done mine at his garage and charged me a beer
sorry but it needs plugged in ...cheers...keo.
argggh! metro alarm! k reg diesel. - Dr Rubber
Keo,
Thanks. Found an independant locally that can do it. (Needs a new remote apparently).
Joe
argggh! metro alarm! k reg diesel. - DL
They have the kit to program in a new plip? That's rare!
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....