Astra 1.7DTI Kangaroo juice! - Ralph Bayley
Hi,
I've got a Y reg (Apr 2000)Astra 1.7 DTI with the Isuzu 16 valve engine. The problem I encounter is that the engine from time to time will not run smoothly. The engine does not appear to have a flat spot as this fault seems to occur at any rev setting except idle. The fault seems to be more apparent in cold weather. I use shell diesel but have also used BP Ultimate and ussually use millers diesel plus. The fuel filter has been replaced and there has never been any water visible in the fuel filter housing when replacing the filter. The Car has done 125 000 miles the engine had a replacement Cylinder Head at 117 000 miles. There is no coolant loss and other than the Kangaroo juice the car runs well.

Astra 1.7DTI Kangaroo juice! - Stainless Steve

Sorry, this is probably way too late for you, but may be of some use to someone still running one. We had the same problems with kangaroo fuel on long motorway journeys. Never any water in fuel. We came to the conclusion that it was dirty injectors, so have been using diesel fuel cleaners ever since, which sorted the problem as long as we only use cheap supermarket fuel. It doesn't like any of the branded fuels. The latest time we used Redex fuel cleaner which so far has lasted the longest. Current mileage around 218K.