Focus wont lock ! - Kat 1
Every time i try to lock my focus with the key fob it locks and then opens again ! Does anyone know if this is major fault or something simple im confused its never done this before.
Focus wont lock ! - Kat 1
Just found out that when i lock the front passenger side door from the inside then get out and press the key fob the car locks fine (trial and error) at the risk of sounding stupid does this mean the fault lies with the passenger side door ?
Focus wont lock ! - Adam {P}
Hi Kat,

How can you get out if you lock the car from the inside without unlocking it?

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=29...4

That may be of some use. My money's on the driver's side door catch.
--
Adam
Focus wont lock ! - ShereKhan
Its possible. All he needs to do is to wind down the windows or open the sunroof and climb out of the open window/sunroof.

--
306 2.0 SE Cabriolet
Focus wont lock ! - Dynamic Dave
Hi Kat,
How can you get out if you lock the car from the inside without unlocking it?

Presumably Kat reaches across from the drivers side of the car to lock the passenger door, then gets out of the drivers door.

"when i lock the front passenger side door from the inside then get out"
But when you open the driver's door it would unlock the car. Not that it matters - I was just curious!
--
Adam
Focus wont lock ! - John S
Kat

Yes, the fault probably does lie with the passenger door central locking actuator. I had a similar problem with a Fiesta some time back. The problem was with one of the actuators, which seemed to have suffered from water ingress. It was sticky and slow to operate, so didn't make the correct contacts in time, so the car simply unlocked itself again. The fact you can lock this door first and then the rest of the system operates without problems seems to confirm this.

JS
Focus wont lock ! - L'escargot
Every time i try to lock my focus with the key
fob it locks and then opens again ! Does anyone know
if this is major fault or something simple im confused its
never done this before.

I've found that this happens if the bonnet, boot, or any of the doors aren't closed properly.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Focus wont lock ! - L'escargot
It also happened once when I had a bit of cloth trapped in the boot lock. The boot was properly closed but presumably the bit of cloth was preventing electrical contact between the lid and the body.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Focus wont lock ! - PatriciaX
My mondeo does exactly the same!!! I can't lock it, either from inside the car or by remote, if the passenger side door isn't locked. The locks just bounce out.

The only thing I can think of, which caused this, is that my husband always locked the car from the inside when he's sat in the passenger door - as if this has over-ridden the "lead lock" being the driver's side. This may be way off track but its the only thing I can think of.

The locking system works perfectly if "his" side is locked so there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the other locks - its just that the passenger lock is now the "lead" lock.

I've heard that theres a way to re-set the locked system by unhooking it from the battery and then it will re-set itself? Mind you, Im no mechanic so I wouldn't have a clue how to do this.

Let me know if you find a cure!!!
I woudl strongly advise Kat to try the driver's side door catch. I don't think it could hurt you either Patricia. See my link further up the page.
--
Adam