Weird Lights - Renault Scenic - jeffandhisscenic
I have an S reg Renault Scenic.
I've noticed recently that when the brake lights are on and I indicate left, the left brake light flashes gently lighter and dimmer in time with the indicator light. And when the side lights are on it gets worse. Lights work normally when I indicate right.
What's going on?
WEIRD LIGHTS - mjm
You have a bad earth contact somewhere in the light cluster, or one of the bulbs isn't making good contact. It may be the the main light housing earth to the body. I had your symptoms on a BX and ended up running a separate earth from the light unit to the body.
WEIRD LIGHTS - storme
Check for any water getting into the lights,,,look for a tide mark

i see it all the time on others ppl's cars :)

WEIRD LIGHTS - Altea Ego
or the wrong style of bulb has been fitted.
WEIRD LIGHTS - keo-the-dog
or indeed a bad bulb have had two bad bulbs recently, one was a stop tail with touching filaments the other was a single filament brake light that for some reason was taking an abnormal load that one blew fuses constantly till i eventually sussed it out...cheers...keo.
WEIRD LIGHTS - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
If you take the lampholder out of the lamp and inspect the earth connection where the loom plugs in you will find it has melted. I drill a hole 1/8" throught the plastic and the earth track and pop rivet a male spade terminal directly to the track and run a separate earth wire direct to the car chassis. On the right hand side there is a stud welded to the chassis adjacent to the light for the fuel pump earth.
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!
WEIRD LIGHTS - jeffandhisscenic
Thanks to all of you. It's good to know that I can rely on sound advice - as soon as I can scrape the car out from under the snow - I'll 'av a go!! Cheers, much appreciated.