Clonking CV joints - X Reg Mondeo - 'AndsomeAlex
I have a Mondeo saloon (X-reg). From a very early age, there has been a load 'clonking' when turning full lock. This was disgnosed as a faulty CV joint and replaced under warranty but the clonk returned within a few weeks (now just out of warranty!).

I have learnt to live with this, as it only occurs on the relatively rare occasions when I have to use full lock, and doesn't appear to otherwise impact the car.

However, there seems to be a division of opinion between my local 'experts' as to whether this condition is one I should attend to and get fixed or not. It doesn't seem to bother the MOT man but can anyone tell me what the bottom line is?

Cheers.
Clonking CV joints - GrahamF1
Inboard or outboard CV joints?

People tend to assume it's the outboard joint, but if that's been replaced and the noise is still there then maybe it's the inboard joint?
Clonking CV joints - Aprilia
If its a rythmic cloncking on full lock then that indicates wear in the CV joint. The joint will now wear at an accelerated rate until it really *does* need replacing. It may be that the dealer fitted a recon joint (some of which aren't very well recon'd!) or it could be that the gaiter wasn't properly fitted and water/grit has got in and oil has escaped out. Either way, its not an ideal situation - keep an eye on it.