Mondeo clutch judder - dobinthemule
For about the last 2 years I've had clutch judder when pulling away in my Mondeo. In that time it has had a new clutch but the judder was present before and after the replacement and seems to slowly be getting worse. Also it seems to happen mainly when the car is cold which seems very odd. Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers

Rob
Mondeo clutch judder - Robin Reliant
Might be a characteristic of the car. Mine is sometimes prone to juddering, particularly when pulling away uphill.
Mondeo clutch judder - dobinthemule
I don't think so because for the first two years it was fine. The problem now is more than just slight. Sometimes if trying to pull away rapidly and the engine is still cold then the juddering can be quite severe.
Mondeo clutch judder - keo-the-dog
i get this on mine but only occassionaly and only when cold and damp, i got the impression it was ignition related, feels like a judder but seems for a second to lack power a bit like a flatspot but with a judder (will get it seen to at some point)...cheers...keo
Mondeo clutch judder - storme
sounds like the engine is trying to bomb out,,,,my mini cooper does it...the forums say it is a characteristic....
i say,,if it is slowly getting worse,,,give the intake manifold a sqirt with some carb cleaner,or injector cleaner..
hopefully the system will have a little more ooommmppphhh
then it wont try to bomb.

hope this sound ok,,i idont mean to say your engine is dying,,,just over a period of time it dont function as well as it does when new!
Mondeo clutch judder - storme
and when it is cold ,,the fuelling isnt always as good as when warm :)
Mondeo clutch judder - Civic8
Had it been an older car.I would have put it down to oil/grease contamination of the flywheel/pressure plate..Only thing I can think off. When cold the dampness draws the oil/grease to the surface..Just a thought.Used to be a common problem
--
Steve
Mondeo clutch judder - collins

I am told that the judder could be caused by failing engine mounts, gone soft or worn. I had the same problem with a Mini some years ago.