Is a Landrover a minibus? - connie
Is a long wheelbase Landrover County classified as a Minibus for a driver who took their test after 1997. My 25 year old son may be getting one for his next job. Any ideas please.
Is a Landrover a minibus? - Truckosaurus
My brother had a 110 station wagon and it does get classed as some sort of bus, as it had to get an MoT at one year old rather than the normal three years. It depends on the number of seats.
Is a Landrover a minibus? - Armitage Shanks {p}
It is exempt from the Congestion charge if it has enough seats in it. Does that lead one to be able to categorise it? I think Ken treats it as a minibus but I don't know what DVLA and plod think about it
Is a Landrover a minibus? - Bromptonaut
DVLA rules are here www.dvla.gov.uk/drivers/drvmbus.htm
Is a Landrover a minibus? - connie
So if he only takes 7 passengers and removes a couple of seats and uses the space for his gear ...
Is a Landrover a minibus? - Truckosaurus
So if he only takes 7 passengers and removes a couple
of seats and uses the space for his gear ...

You'd have to get it re-classified by the DVLA as a 7-seater.

On a practical front, getting down to 7-seats won't be ideal as the rear 4 are just fold-away side facing seats, so any luggage
will have to go around the feet of the passengers.
Is a Landrover a minibus? - Dwight Van Driver
This has been a thorny one in the past.

If a passenger vehicle is CONSTRUCTED to carry more than 8 but no more than 16 seated passengers it is a Mini bus and
MV Driving Licence Regs 1999 requires Class D Licence but note what the DVLA site says about pre 1.1.87 entitlements.

Reg 3 Con and Use Regs 1986 defines passenger vehicle as being a vehicle constructed SOLEY for the carriage of passengers and their effects.

Vehicles ORDINARILY used for carriage of passengers and their effects OR goods is not a passenger vehicle. (Flower Freight Co. Ltd v Hammond[1963])

So a Landrover 110 is a dual purpose - carries passenger and or goods so does not fit the definition so it isn't a passenger vehicle is it?.

DVD
Is a Landrover a minibus? - Cliff Pope
When I had a LandRover a few years ago it was classified as dual-purpose. This seemed to mean that if used commercially, it was a commercial vehicle: if used privately, it was private. If used to carry passengers for hire or reward, it was a bus. If it carried non-paying passengers, it was not a bus.
As to what a LandRover is CONSTRUCTED for - just about anything.Breakdown vehicle, fire tender, armoured car, ambulance, crop-sprayer, mobile power-plant, aircraft tow-tender - even private car! They are all interchangeable simply by bolting on a different set of attachments.