Highway Robery - Altea Ego
This weeks Friday subject

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4191739.stm

Ok confess guys, what street furniture do you have around the home? I own up to a cast iron direction sign to Ilfracombe (13 miles) complete with its old road number. Mounted on a concrete pole.
Highway Robery - Dynamic Dave

I have a reflector post (obtained from the side of the road) marking an edge of a wall so that people don't hit it with their cars while reversing up the drive.
Highway Robery - AR-CoolC
I did once (shared house days) own an RAC sign that read "RUN TO THE SUN" and an arrow pointing right. Well I found my way there fine with no problems, not so sure about the people behind though.
Highway Robery - Hugo {P}
I can see a new pole coming.... (pardon the pun!)

"Have you ever nicked anything?

Have you ever nicked anything - including street furniture?

I guess we should really read the signs, our paths have vaired (usually due to all those cones that weren't there), yet we've all become pillars of the community, streets (signs) ahead of our rivals. Maybe we've just been (phone) boxing clever!

Oh - how nice a choice of coats - and in conrete - how thoughtful of you all :)

H
Highway Robery - Retro
A London Road sign, that I did find in the road.
Highway Robery - mjm
Had one years ago, local council were replacing the old signposts with the ring on the top with the latest painted ones. This one had the name of the crossroads cast round the ring. It was "Chapman's Cross". Lotus were having a bad time then so thought it appropriate. It was a struggle to get 2 people and this heavy concrete lump home on a BSA bantam 125 but we did it. Don't know where it is now, though.
We also have a Wessex waterworks cone outside the er bathroom. I don't know where that came from!
Highway Robery - keo-the-dog
i have loads old finger post, traffic cones, police slow sign,loads of hazard beacons, etc,etc. all legally obtained as well, most still get used, a friends business and he stores kit at my place...cheers...keo
Highway Robery - Ex-Moderator
two traffic cones and a traffic light with pole.

And the statute of limitation is loooooong gone.
Highway Robery - Clanger
A traffic cone that I found in the nearby beck long ago. Useful for alerting traffic and passers-by when I am up the hated ladder painting or hacking the ivy (house fronts directly onto street).

Used to have a set of British Rail semaphore signals but I am immoderately drifting off-topic here.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land