troubles starting - skoda octavia 1.4 - defcon31
I have a skoda octavia 1.4 from 2001.
When i bought him six months ago I found it curious, when letting the motor turn in neutral, the motor (and rpm meter) was always fluctuating a little bit (not very much) up and down and up and down... but anyway this is not big the problem, but it might have been a precaution to this:
now i'm having already a week this problem: when starting the motor (cold and warm) after a few seconds the motor always stops immediately... i have to keep turning on the contact on for many seconds and staying on the gas pedal for another 10 seconds, otherwise the motor stops... after that 10 seconds staying on the gas pedal i hear suddenly the motor turning a little bit faster, and from that moment on i can start driving without problems. Otherwise, when i try to start driving before that 10 seconds the car turns of.. since i don't know much about car troubles i ask if this problem sounds familiar to someone of you....
another thing: there's a light "check motor electronics" on the dashboard lighting, but the garagist says that I don't have to care much about this because I'm driving on LPG... (the LPG installation works very good, so that is not the problem because starting the engine is on fuel)

{car make added to subject header.}
troubles starting - skoda octavia 1.4 - Civic8
From what you said. I would take the car back for a diagnostics check..rev counter fluctuating like that suggests CO is out..And possibly why engine management light is on.ie a problem with a sensor has been detected by ECU..This check will tell what is wrong.so garage can then correct
--
Steve
troubles starting - skoda octavia 1.4 - defcon31
to steve.o:
the rpm counter fluctuating is not the main problem. what i don't understand is that i have to stay on the gaspedal for 10seconds before i can leave, otherwise the motor slows down and stops. very very strange...
troubles starting - skoda octavia 1.4 - Civic8
I would think they are both related issues..Not knowing the car cannot be any more specific..But suggests The ecu is giving a week mixture..As I said before only a diagnostics will show any problems.
--
Steve