Corsa 1.0 12v -Black Fluid and Vibration - fraz
Hi I have a sub 20k miles 2001 Corsa 1.0 12v.

I have noticed black soot at end of tail pipe, went to wipe if off and black fluid is present inside exhaust. What might this indicate and are there any tests i can do to identify the likley problem.

Also the car vibrates mildly when staionary, i have looked under the bonnet and engine does seem to vibrate abit tho not excessively. Is this normal, anyone else had this, could this indicate a problem?

any advice greatly appreciated.
Corsa 1.0 12v -Black Fluid and Vibration - mfarrow
Does the car do a lot of short journeys? If so "black fluid" is probably just sooty water. Are you loosing water from the radiator at all? Or mayonaise on the dipstick?
Corsa 1.0 12v -Black Fluid and Vibration - Civic8
Usualy tells you the cat is working fine..most cats will do this when working correctly..I got pulled once in my old 414..It after having short runs developed a lot of water in the exhaust..slight uphill drive and exhaust poured water.ie black sooty..out of rear tailpipe..engine was fine..Doubt you have a problem??
--
Steve
Corsa 1.0 12v -Black Fluid and Vibration - Victorbox
Mild (and I stress mild) vibration is a feature of the 1 litre 12V - it's only got three cylinders after all and isn't as inherently balanced as a four cylinder engine despite the whopping flywheel Vauxhall fit to mask the vibration. I agree soot and liquid is just probably water & soot from cold short journeys mixing in the tail pipe unless other problems are showing up. You may even find a little mayonnaise on the inside of the plastic oil filler cap. My wife's 1 litre (2002) Corsa has had this fom new during the winter unless she gives it a good blast to warm the engine right through. Her car runs beautifully despite its frequent short journeys.
Corsa 1.0 12v -Black Fluid and Vibration - fraz
Thanks alot everyone for setting my mind at rest.

Very helpful