Zafira diesel takes ages to start - mustard
I have a 2000X Vauxhall Zafira. Recently it's been taking ages (e.g. up to 15 secs) to start. It's worse when it's colder, but takes a long time even at 10 degrees C. It always starts eventually, but it shouldn't be taking so long, right?

It had a full service last summer at deleted, but I was not impressed at all - the car woudln't start at all the day after the service.

Any ideas why starting takes so long?

Thanks,

mustard.

{Garage name removed. DD}
Zafira diesel takes ages to start - prm
Probably leak off pipes or MAF sensor, both common to vx diesel
From googling a bit, it seems that people with MAF sensor problems experience loss of power and no turbo boost, but I don't have that problem at all. Once it starts, all feels normal.

Can you tell me more about the leak off pipes? Means nothing to me - my car expertise extends to changing a tire and filling up the wiper fluid.
Zafira diesel takes ages to start - Schnitzel
MAF isn't used to start a car, and most cars don't use a signal from it at idle. The leak off pipes come from each fuel injector, look for a black pipe about 5mm thick, from each fuel injector, Vauxhall/GM introduced a new type of rubber pipe about 18 months ago, which you can either buy in 0.5m lengths or have them fit. Your car is about the age where they go, so may be worth having done anyway, if the old pipes perish, you could end up with bits in the fuel system which could be catasrophic.
It's done under 40k miles, but it is 4 years old (2000X). Could these pipes really have already gone? What do I look for in these tubes? Or should I just take them to a Vauxhall dealer and cough up to be sure? How much can I expect to pay?

I'm planning a trip across Europe in March, so I want everything to be in order. The car had a service last summer, but is there anything else you'd recommend double-checking?

Thanks