Goodyear NCT 5 tyres - steve
I have used these tyres for the last few years without any problems. JUst recently I have had to replace two separately. The first was a front nearside tyre that had developed a bulge in the outer wall - clearly not repairable. The tyre was about 1/2 worn and I put it down to having been kerbed at some point. Then 2 weeks ago I had to replace a rear nearside tyre that had a tiny hole in the outer wall - it was only 2 months and 1500 miles old - there was no sign of any other damage. Am I just unlucky or have there been a number of problems?
Goodyear NCT 5 tyres - THe Growler
I have encountered something a bit similar where 2 relatively unworn Goodyears developed sidewall problems after a short period in use on my ex's car.

They had been fitted by a Goodyear Service Centre and came with a written 1 year warranty so replacement was not a problem.

The Goodyear people were a bit cagey but I suspect from the alacrity with which they changed the tyres they knew that there was a manufacturing problem somewhere.

Goodyear NCT 5 tyres - steve
Hmm,
Thought as much. Of course I was fobbed off with "must have hit the kerb sir". I thought it was odd that there was no apparent damage to the sidewall. If it happens again I will be more inquisitive and keep the old tyre as well (which of course to add insult to injury) I had to pay £1 to dispose of!