Penalty charge notice - how
Hi all

My car got a PCN when entering a road with a sign that say's" Pedestrian Zone" with the relevant times except Disabled badge holders, buses and taxis. The notice came in my name but my dad was driving (he's disabled). A camera caught my car.

My dad did not get my consent to use the car, he did display the badge when parking in the disabled bay after entering the road.

I spoke to the parking people, they said he should have displayed the blue badge on the dash before entering the road.

How should I appeal so we both do not get fined, as the sign did not say display the badge.

Thanks
Penalty charge notice - Bromptonaut
The PCN should come with paperwork explaining your rights of appeal, is there a right of appeal to an independant adjudicator if the Council reject your representations?. If so use it.
Penalty charge notice - Kevin
Get dad to write to the parking folks explaining that he was driving and just forgot/wasn't aware that he needed to display on entry. Attach photocopies of disability paperwork for proof. Keep copies of everything you send.

I doubt they'll take it any further unless it's a private company contracted by the local authorities in which case you'll need to appeal to them.

Kevin...
Penalty charge notice - martint123
My dad did not get my consent to use the car,

Be very careful what you say to anyone. That's him down for driving with no insurance at least.

M
Penalty charge notice - pdc {P}
Maybe he was driving on his own insurance?

I recall that on watchdog a few months back there was a story about a company dishing out fines to people for entering a private road adjacent to a railway to drop off/pick up. There was only one sign saying that this wasn't allowed, and the sign was in small lettering, and was not at the entrance to the road.

Legal opinion was that if someone were to opt for the go to court rather than pay up option, it would be thrown out, as there was no signage until after you entered the zone. Where were the signs in the road that your father entered?
Penalty charge notice - pdc {P}
Just re-read your first post, and saw the sign is at the entrance, but you say that the sign does not say the badge needs to be displayed on entry. Think you may have them there.
Penalty charge notice - Mark (RLBS)
If he was using the car without permission, then that's a pretty serious offence. And his insurance could not apply, since it specifies "with permission".

So, thats unauthorised taking, no insurance, and parking where he [seemingly] wasn't permitted.

I can't say I'd recommend that route; I guess they probably wouldn't put him away, but the fine, ban, points, stigma, future insurance difficulties would be pretty horrible.

Write a letter to the parking people including a copy of the badge. If they let you off, all well and good. If they don't, then pay the fine.