Corsa temperature sender probs - happyvaux
Corsa 1.4L 1996 87K

Hi all,
I noticed the temp. gauge not working. I earthed the lead off to the body with ignition on & the gauge moved to hot. Today I replaced the temp. sender & put a new contact on the end of lead. Took it for a good 20min run tonight but it still doesn't show any temp. Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Pete
Corsa temperature sender probs - Dynamic Dave
Is the top hose that goes from the block to the radiator getting hot after the 20 min run?
What happens to the gauge if you leave the car ticking over for a while after the run?
Corsa temperature sender probs - Peter D
Measure the resistance of the old sensor in case it was not faulty in the first place and the fault lies elsewhere. Regards Peter
Corsa temperature sender probs - Civic8
Possible stuck open thermostat?
--
Steve
Corsa temperature sender probs - happyvaux
Thanks for replies.

I took a 20min run earlier with no movement on the temp. gauge whatsoever. The top hose(s) were pretty warm after this.Then I idled it for a while (after reading the replies)and whoopee....the gauge started to move up. This is the 1st I've seen it move in 2/3 days.

Is this normal or could it still be a dodgy wire/connection?
I also thought with a stuck-open thermostat, the car would run bad.

Cheers,
Pete

Ps thanks a lot for all the help you guys give. We all know it's a real pain when we can't sort problems out.

Corsa temperature sender probs - Civic8
Sounds like stat..it may not run bad. But wont allow engine to reach full operating temp. Causing it to overfuel
--
Steve
Corsa temperature sender probs - Dynamic Dave

Yep, sounds like the stat is not fully closing when cold.