Subaru Forester - Missing! - tack
Forester 2.0L XLn (not the power crazed XT version)
Anyone know what causes this problem?
On pulling away engine feels slight missing on easy wind up. However, if want to pull away fast (not that I really want to drive like that)feels ok. On descent of a slope, barely touching pedal, feels like it is missing too. Went to France recently, drove back from Brittany. On motorway car was fine at cruising speed. However, when at toll booths and pulling away, felt like it was missing until got back to cruise speed again.
Only done 3 thou in car since June.

Gone back twice to dealer who "can't replicate customer fault" and nothing shows up when plugged in to computer. Whatever happened to mechanics?
Subaru Forester - Missing! - autumnboy
I had a missfire on my STI, but intermittently on pulling from 2000 up quite hard. Found that two of the four coil packs needed changing. After that problem solved, or it maybe the plugs, airflow sensor needs cleaning.
Subaru Forester - Missing! - tim.mcd
It does sound like an ignition problem. Also be aware that French petrol can be low octane - whereas many Japanese engines especially Subaru, are really designed for 100 octane petrol. Your manual will certainly recommend 95+ octane.
Subaru Forester - Missing! - tack
Thanks for the advice.
BTW, it was missing before I went to France, so can probably discount that. However, will bear in mind for the next trip (regular visitor)