Ford Focus - Broker4Cars - Martyn
Just been offered a 2002 Spec Focus 1.8 Ghia with Climate Control for £12739 by Broker4Cars. From shopping around this looks to be good, some of the supermarkets can beat the price for 2001 spec imports. According to the blurb this is a UK car with the Ford warranty.

Any experience of this supplier or any comments re the Focus?
Re: Ford Focus - Broker4Cars - Gary Bain
I do not supply the vehicle I merely act as an introducer of business to our contracted UK Ford franchised dealership. All monies are paid to that dealer, they then pay broker4cars an introduction fee.
Re: Ford Focus - Broker4Cars - Martyn
Yes, should have made that clear, I am aware!
Could I ask you to look at older posts as HJ has posted his comments on this. Sorry I cannot remember what the Topic was though.
I have found the thread it was titles Hidden mesages posted on 23/11/01
Re: Ford Focus - Broker4Cars - David W
Gary,

You sound a genuine chap but can't you see the problem with this. Martyn asks the independent forum visitors for an opinion and you are directing him to an existing post that suits your business.

I don't doubt that it is all well meant but this is just why others have voiced their concerns over the use of the site by commercially biased contributors.

For my part I have given 100% free advice here over several months and never once given away the location or a phone number for my business. It does help on a mainly "punters" site.

David
Re: HJ and Broker4Cars - J Todd
HJ does post a lot of linkd to Broker4cars and Showroom4cars on the home page of this site. I wonder if HJ connected to them in any way?
Re: HJ and Broker4Cars - Martyn, Back Room moderator
I'm not going to comment for Honest John. As far as I know, though, there is no connection between him and these dealers.
Re: Ford Focus - Broker4Cars - Martyn, Back Room moderator
David W wrote:
>
> Gary,
>
> You sound a genuine chap but can't you see the problem with
> this. Martyn

> asks the independent forum visitors for an
> opinion and you are directing him to an existing post that
> suits your business.
>
> I don't doubt that it is all well meant but this is just why
> others have voiced their concerns over the use of the site by
> commercially biased contributors.

You have to admit, Gary, that it does look bad. No one would blame you if you did promote your business in whatever way you could -- it's business, after all. But even if the connection these people are making is unintentional, nevertheless it still remains in their minds, and it chips away at the trust in HJ's independence. That is something we at hj.co.uk have laboured to achieve for the last year, to our personal cost.

We'll have to think some more, I believe. In the meantime, if you make a post to The Back Room on any other topic than a purely personal one (one not connected with your business) would you please sign yourself Gary Bain (broker4cars.com)? And do try to bear in mind what I've asked.
Re: Ford Focus - Broker4Cars - XXX
You'll get a better deal at www.buycarsfromme.com.

They got me a Ford Focus for £1,750 on the road with a full tank of petrol, free insurance for five years for my 17 year old son and a night in the sack with Melinda Messenger for me.

Why, oh why, would anyone buy a car from anywhere else? They were FANTASTIC!!
Re: Ford Focus - Broker4Cars - Kev
For £1,750!!!
Are you sure?

A rather amazed Kev
Re: Ford Focus - Broker4Cars - Honest John
I have no connection with either www.broker4cars.co.uk or www.showroom4cars.com If they send me details of offers and the offers seem good to me, then I publish them. Simple as that. I would do for anyone else, and do when manufacturers such as Citroen come up with their own offers. Obviously if broker and showroom (and Citroen) start to get so much business from this site that they cant do without it, then that's when we start to negotiate. Someone has to pay to keep the site going. I'm already owed a huge amount of money.

HJ
Re: Ford Focus - Broker4Cars - MPA 2605
I wish I hadn't asked...

Yes it's me (Martyn) who started all this.... but I share a deviant spelling of my forename with our Forum Administrator so I'm changing my sign on name!
Re: Ford Focus - Broker4Cars - Martyn, Back Room moderator
MPA 2605 wrote:
>
> I wish I hadn't asked...

But I'm glad you did. It brought an issue into the open and spurred us into some behind-the-scenes activity. Thanks

> Yes it's me (Martyn) who started all this.... but I share a
> deviant spelling of my forename with our Forum Administrator
> so I'm changing my sign on name!

Thanks again, Martyn

Martyn
[deviant? Moi? Oh, ok.... if the cap fits, as they say!]