Virus Warnings - Ford Prefect
Is this forum really the place for virus warnings? I was under the mistaken belief that this was a motoring forum, not a part of PC World. Surely if I want to know about the latest viruses, I'll go to Symantec or McAfee. I don't want to see this forum cluttered up with junk that just gets in the way.

So please, no more virus warnings.

FP
Re: Virus Warnings - David W
FP,

I think we'll let HJ, Martyn and the masses be a judge of that. The information shared here on the subject of virus problems is a darn site more useful than loads of the content recently.

The other point is here many know who to trust. Go onto a new computer forum and you are at risk from all the wind-ups, you know like the ones we have here from time to time about car info.

In starting a new thread "against" previous virus topics you actually compound the problem.

David
Re: Virus Warnings - Jonathan
Hang on a minute FP.

If the chap that owns the site wants to post messages about virus's then I think he has the right to do that.

After all, you wouldn't go to a pub and tell the landlord which beer he should be selling would you?

Jonathan
Re: Virus Warnings - Stuart B
"After all, you wouldn't go to a pub and tell the landlord which beer he should be selling would you?"

Isn't that what CAMRA's all about then? ;-)
Re: Virus Warnings - Dave
Well you could always use these forums

They have motor related sections for everything, so you just talk about what you want to talk about!

www.AutoSearcher.co.uk
Re: Virus Warnings - KB
Given that we all use a computer to view this site, it doesn't seem that unreasonable to mention a bug which has the potential to prevent us using it.
You don't have to read a thread that's marked up 'Virus Warning' - just ignore it if if it's of no interest to you. Personally, I'm grateful for any help that's going.

Rgds, KB
Re: Virus Warnings - David Lacey
Same here - I found it both pertinent and very interesting.

D
Re: Virus Warnings - Ford Prefect
Points taken. However, as viruses are almost a daily occurance, isn't there a danger that viruses will take over, relegating motoring questions to the minority?

FP
Re: Virus Warnings - Martyn, Back Room moderator
Have a look at my thread, also entitled 'virus warnings'. It was begun in direct response to your point, and might save you further effort.
Re: Virus Warnings - KB
Fair question FP, but as with so many other topics that arise, they get an airing then they fade away and, as a rule, if a topic re-occurs that's been covered in depth before, then someone usually says - 'see previous thread........' But - fair points raised on both sides.
Re: Virus Warnings - ladas are cool
its better that we learn about these viruses than the viruses take hold and we couldnt even get on the web to look at forums.