Anyone running a Kia Magentis? - Aprilia
Someone I know is thinking of buying a Kia Magentis (after long-running and harrowing problems with a Jag X-type). He's had a short drive in one and thinks there OK.
I note that they seem to be well regarded in the US (sold as a Kia Optima) - anyone have any experience of them over the longer term. Any ideas how they differ from the Hyundai Sonata (other than the latter gets a 5-year warranty and higher price)?
Anyone running a Kia Magentis? - Gazza
I have not run one but had one as a hire car in US. It was basically a Mitsubishi Galant of 93-97 model. Not heard of any problem in the US other than the fuzzy logic autobox can give sudden failure. Also, I have seen a lot of 96/97 Galant with rust spot on the fold in surface of the rear wheel. Otherwise very reliable.
Anyone running a Kia Magentis? - Gazza
Sorry, it should read "rust spot on the fold-in surface of the rear wheel arch"
Anyone running a Kia Magentis? - Algernon
Recently swapped a Magentis V6 manual for a Sonata V6 (auto). Maggie gave no trouble in two and a half years, and was quite decent to drive. Admittedly no great mileage was done (but some pundits say that's the worst treatment anyway). It sat outside and always started, even after a few days standing, up until the battery conked out once it was out of the two year warranty - probably to do with short runs.

It was favourably commented on by passengers, not least SWMBO, hence clearance for Sonata!

In the course of evaluating the auto box I drove a 4 cylinder Sonata auto and found it a bit gutless, manual could be OK. Magentis will be similar.

Basically the Magentis is just a Sonata with simpler trim and plainer styling, and they only do the four now.

See HJs car-by-car breakdown, as always.
Anyone running a Kia Magentis? - J Bonington Jagworth
"Someone I know is thinking of buying a Kia Magentis (after long-running and harrowing problems with a Jag X-type)."

Depressing, isn't it?
Anyone running a Kia Magentis? - Kuang
The old V6 was lovely and sounded great, but I gather they've now replaced it with a considerably less powerful 2l lump, not to mention making a few revisions here and there - make sure that any reviews you read are referring to the newer one.
Anyone running a Kia Magentis? - daveyK_UK
the 2.0 is quite ok - most at home on the motorway.

i lvoe using the magentis for mtorway driving, my favourite car for doing it out of our pool.

i can choose form shuma 2, accent, matrix, mazda 6, elantra and mondeo.
yet the magentis seems to effortlesly hover along the motorway - and it has bags of leg space.

ive heard of people picking them up for 7grand - which is unbeatable value - - real top car.

Lie all kia and hyundais it rusts.

The one outside is on 52 plate with 56k, only 1 fault which was before 2,000 miles when the drivers seat was creaking excessivly - easily fixed.
The only real problem seems to be rust which has caused a bit of uglyness under the bonnet and as a earlier user mentioned - wheel arches show the bubbling effect.

paintwork will always be a concern buying korean - however, the magentis i would reccomend.