Volkswagen Passat Timing belt kit - GrahamF1
Anyone know of a good source for a complete timing belt & tensioner kit (preferably Gates) for a 1999 Passat TDi (110bhp, engine code beginning AFN)?

I've found a garage that seems competent with a good labour rate to do the job. However, they said the parts would cost £120 and I'm sure they must be available cheaper elsewhere.

I e-mailed GSF car parts, but they weren't very clear in their response. Said they sold the bit separately and not as a kit, so I need to make sure I get all the necessary bits.
Volkswagen Passat Timing belt kit - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
PMA Horsham Sussex, 01403 266444= Gates kit @£82.18+VAT retail, Goodyear Kit @£67.40 +VAT retail. Unless you are within their catchment (West Sussex) you'd have to pay postage. Have you tried VW?, Just phoned my local dealer= Belt £17+tensioner £35.06 but wasnt sure about the additional guide roller between pump and cam even so, I cant see it costing more than £15.34 so I personally would go down that route.
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!
Volkswagen Passat Timing belt kit - GrahamF1
Thanks Andrew. I checked with my VW dealer, and got the same prices as you. They said that those two parts are all you need, but I think this is coming in a bit cheap. I reckon the kits contain something else, what do you think?
Volkswagen Passat Timing belt kit - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
I'll have a peek in the box tomorrow when I go in!
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!