administration fee - oldpostie
I have found a couple of examples of dealers trying to charge an administration fee of £50 or so when someone buys a car from them. Do they really get more money from customers or is it just a nonsense which is waived ? I've never paid for the privilege of buying a car.
administration fee - v8man
Take your custom elsewhere oldpostie.
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
administration fee - Hugo {P}
This isn't the first registration fee is it?

In which case, to simplify matters, ask for an OTR (On the Road) price.

Hugo
administration fee - DavidHM
It's a bit naughty but it's basically a way of fluffing out very tight margins. It tends to be the big supermarkets that do it, but frequently the difference between their prices and auction prices is only a few hundred quid anyway.

Don't walk over a £61 admin fee if the car is £500 (or more) cheaper than an identical one down the road. That's a lot to pay for a cup of coffee from the sharp suited salesman.

However it is worth being aware that the margin on these cars comes mainly from things like finance, accessories and warranties (as with most big ticket consumer goods) and bear that in mind. Also, supermarket prices won't usually fall if you haggle, whereas main dealers' will. P/X will usually be a bit below trade as the swapper also has to pay its own way. This is of course good news if you don't want to haggle and want a transparent price, but bad if you like the feeling of having 'earned' a deal.
administration fee - pantman
****** DELETED *******

Pantman.

This is the THIRD post of yours we have edited in what seems like an hour at the most.

I think this is a new BR record!

Please don't introduce any more rubbish into the BR. Either contribute sensibly or not at all!

Hugo - BR Moderator
administration fee - Stuartli
>>Take your custom elsewhere oldpostie.>>

Agree entirely. Make it clear too to the salesman/woman just exactly why you are going elsewhere.

Nothing hurts more than being hit in the pocket.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
administration fee - oldpostie
Thanks for your comments on this. If I had negotiated a 'price to change one car for another', and was then asked to pay any more I would certainly think again. Why can't dealers just be up front about money? One of these offenders is a cut price firm often featured in the HJ website, although if it was still a good deal I might go ahead anyway.
administration fee - Vansboy
When we had our site, you'd be surprised at just how many of our customers LIKED the fact, that our screen prices INCLUDED vat & that we didn't haggle on the £$£$£.Most van dealers would display a, somewhat smaller +vat sticker!!

It was much, much easier for them & us to make the transaction run smoothly this way.By making the pricing structure as complete as possible,everyone knew what was what.

Wonder what they'd think if we'd have asked for an admin fee, though!!

VB