Heater Blower Motor - 1997 Passat TDi - Wee Willie Winkie
Evening all,

My heater blower motor finally gave up the ghost this morning, after a previous attempt to prolong its life. It was obviously my car marking the end of summer!

Anyway, VW are happy to relieve me of £233 plus VAT for a new motor. That's not even fitted. I've tried calling a Seat and a Skoda dealer but they can't confirm if the part is the same across the VAG range.

It's a non-A/C model.

Anyway, does anyone know if this part is also fitted to, say a Toledo or a Octavia? I've tried the usual second hand places without any success.

Any help would be great.

Many thanks,

DB
Heater Blower Motor - 1997 Passat TDi - Aprilia
What's wrong with the motor? Brushes, bearings, armature? These things are often fixable.
Heater Blower Motor - 1997 Passat TDi - Wee Willie Winkie
Due to the noises it was making I'm guess it's the bearings. I'll speak to my local trusty mechanic and see what can be done. If it can be sorted without a new motor then great. If not I'll be considerably poorer.

Cheers.
Heater Blower Motor - 1997 Passat TDi - Aprilia
Motor bearings are usually fixable, one way or another. If they are a plain bearing then it could be fairly easy.
I have fixed quite a few squeaky blower motors on Mercedes (plain bearings) - take the motor off, run it for 10 mins on the bench (to warm the bearings), then give them repeated dosings of ATF. Lasts years!
Look in Yellow Pages for an electrical motor re-builder - they may also be able to help.
Heater Blower Motor - 1997 Passat TDi - elekie&a/c doctor
The Passat heater motor is the same as Audi A4.I doubt if you will get anybody to repair it,because it is the armature that is usually worn out on copper slip rings.You should be able to buy a new unit for a little under £200 from GermanSwedish &french.Fitting is less than 1 hour (remove glove box)
Heater Blower Motor - 1997 Passat TDi - susieQ
I have same problem - and would like to know did you get it fixed or did you have to buy one and if so where from?
thanks
SusieQ