This Weeks Poll. Choices & Mileage. - Dynamic Dave

**** Poll closed. ****

This weeks poll, as suggested by Hugo is now available. (The more observant of you will notice that there are actually three polls in one this week.)

"What do you consider most when buying a car?"

Colour
Cost of insurance
Economy
Performance
Reliability
Cost of servicing
Depreciation

======================================================================

"What do you consider least when buying a car?"

Colour
Cost of insurance
Economy
Performance
Reliability
Cost of servicing
Depreciation

======================================================================

"How many miles do you drive per year?"

Less than 5k
5 to 10K
10 to 15K
15 to 20K
20 to 25K
25 to 30K
30 to 35K
35K and above

This Weeks Poll. Choices & Mileage. - blank
Wahey! I'm the second to vote!! Can only see the results from the final question though; it this an unavoidable consequence of having 3 polls in one?

Andy
This Weeks Poll. Choices & Mileage. - L'escargot
Wahey! I'm the second to vote!! Can only see
the results from the final question though; it this an unavoidable
consequence of having 3 polls in one?
Andy

Even louder Wayey! I'm the first to vote on what you consider most. Strange that I'm the only one so far to vote on that issue , when there are 3 votes for what you consider least and 4 votes for yearly mileage.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
This Weeks Poll. Choices & Mileage. - blank
>> Wahey! I'm the second to vote!! Can only
see
>> the results from the final question though; it this an
unavoidable
>> consequence of having 3 polls in one?
>>
>> Andy
>>
Even louder Wayey! I'm the first to vote on what you
consider most. Strange that I'm the only one so far to
vote on that issue , when there are 3 votes for
what you consider least and 4 votes for yearly mileage.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.

Probably because of people being as stupid as me. Selected answers for all 3 questions but only pressed one "Vote" button. In my defence, it was very early yesterday.
Can only see the results from the final question though;

There are three separate "Current Results" buttons. One for each poll.
This Weeks Poll. Choices & Mileage. - PhilW
Too difficult for me to answer!!
There are so many considerations - and so many things to balance against one another!! e.g finding a car which gives a nice compromise of performance and economy/price and depreciation. What about manufacturer? Many people must go for a particular make or won't consider another? What if you like a particular car and SWMBO wants a particular colour that isn't available - who wins that discussion?
I suppose I will have to plump for one of the above categories in the end but it may take some time!!
This Weeks Poll. Choices & Mileage. - borasport20
Perhaps it goes without saying, but for me the most important factor when buying a car, which isn't an option on the poll. is the cost of the CAR !

www.mikes-walks.co.uk
This Weeks Poll. Choices & Mileage. - Hugo {P}
As the one that came up with this set of questions, thanks for voting and - yes on reflection, cost of buying and manufacturer should have been in there really.

Having said that the results make interesting reading.

Thanks to Dave as usual for setting this up as well.

Hugo
This Weeks Poll. Choices & Mileage. - Singer-G
My major consideration is missing from the choices. Practicality. As someone who regularly carries the family around things like rear leg-room and boot space have to come first.
This Weeks Poll. Choices & Mileage. - Mark (RLBS)
Mine is also missing - pure want.
Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger ;o)
This Weeks Poll. Choices & Mileage. - Mapmaker
There's a point of view that says that everything comes under 'economy' apart from colour (and if they're charging you extra for metallic, even that comes under 'economy')!
This Weeks Poll. Choices & Mileage. - Citroënian {P}
Like this one, quite interesting to think about what I prioritse in buying a car!
--
Lee
MINI adventure over. Now having a Fabialous time.
This Weeks Poll. Choices & Mileage. - keo-the-dog
the first two questions dont apply to me, if i like the car i will have it and i may quickly dislike it and get rid of it for one of the reasons listed in the questions . i have bought a lot of cars that really were awfull but i have had some considered awfull by others that i loved. those cars i usually accept are not practical and do sell on but still miss some of them. drive about 20k a year
This Weeks Poll. Choices & Mileage. - Truckosaurus
A bit late now but, perhaps one of the options in the reasons why or why not to buy a car should have been 'brand'. eg. Some people want to buy a BMW no matter what its spec or performance, and likewise many other people would happily buy a Kia, Skoda or Hyundai if it is an excellent solution to their transport needs despite having an 'undesirable' badge on the nose.