Citroen Saxo Electrical Problem - racirach
I have a V reg, 1.1 saxo and have a problem with the electrics, the heater circulation fans are working only intermittently and it seems that the rear windscreen de-mister is now doing the same. The de-mister button is only partially illuminated.

I am not sure of what the problem could be, two possible ideas have been

a, Ignition switch, if this is the case allegedly it would need to either be relayed or replaced and then re-programmed.

b, or as the "RAC" put it a bad earth

Has anyone else encoutered a similar problem and does anyone have any indication of the costs that I should expect to incur if either of the above do prove to be the problem.
Citroen Saxo Electrical Problem - Quinny100
Common fault - the wiring to the ignition switch starts to fail. Some places will want to replace the ignition switch assembly but thats not necessary.

The text below was written by a Citroen technican on another forum I frequent:

no need to change ign switch.there is a wiring modification to the wiring at the ign switch :there should be 3 two pin plugs browm,grey & black comming off the switch,un-plug brown connector leave the side that goes into the switch untouched,then the 2 wires on the other side going into the harness should be joined together (preferably soldered) to make a loop in the wiring.do NOT join the part that goes into the switch. hey presto P.A.S.,heater blowers working again.you'll probably find the heated rear window was not working either.hope that switch was'nt too expensive !!!
Citroen Saxo Electrical Problem - RichardW
That's all very well, but if you do that the blower, PAS and heated rear window won't switch off with the ignition, and I would think a flat battery would pretty soon follow. The proper solution would be to separate that plug and bridge it with a relay, powered up by the ignition switch. Whilst there isn't enough contact left to run the heavy current items, there almost certainly will be to pull the relay in - if not then just take an ignition live from somewhere else.

--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
The saxo I have is only the basic model, therefore does not have PAS.

How many hours of labour would you expect it to take an auto electrician to put a relay in?
One other thing that was mentioned to me was it may need to go to a dealer garage to get the ignition switch re-programmed?
Citroen Saxo Electrical Problem - David Horn
You tried looking to see if there's a recall for this? Surely if a Citroen technician knows an obvious fix, it's a manufacturing defect.
Citroen Saxo Electrical Problem - tanzeelyakub
Hi, i also have a SAXO without PAS and i have the same problem where the heater doesnt work as well as the de mister, and i looked at the internal fuse box on the passeger side and i found there was a small wiring sticking which has come out...i was wondering where it is ment to go and to what connectors... i am not sure what to do
thanks you