Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - james26
Hi,
A elderly friend has a much loved Renault Fuego which he has owned from new that is fully road worthy and in perfect condition despite being 20 odd years old.

But he's after some new tyres. It has as from new Michelin 200/65/R's on Renault alloys and it looks like he can not get any 200 width rubber. So my questions is dose anyone know if you can get this width tyre? Or any orther suggestions?

Many thanks,
James.
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - Schnitzel
Hmm, I wonder if these are metric diameter rims like the Michelin TD/TRX?
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - v8man
Probably 205's would fit depending on the width of the rim.
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - John S
If schnitzel is right, and I think he may be, then 'normal' 205's won't fit. These run-flat tyres also had metric rim diameters, so standard 'inch-sized' tyres won't even fit the rims. I'm not even sure they are still manufactured, and they were expensive even when they were. If the stud PCD and wheel offset can be matched then a set of secondhand wheels with suitable conventional tyres with the correct overall diameter etc. from another model in the range may be the answer. That's what most owners of cars with these did (eg some Metros) when they found the price of new TD tyres.

JS
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - derek
try the owners club
Many thanks for the replis etc

>try the owners club

Do you know ware the owners club can be found out?

James.
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - Big Cat
I'm very jealous, particularly if it's the 2.0 GTX in black...
Remember the Fuego well, lovely Renault based on the worthy 18 but dressed in a stylish body.
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - henry k
Try
www.turbo5.co.uk/search.php?q=renault%20fuego&site...K
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - kithmo
Is there another number, like "13" or "14" after the "200/65/" and before the "R" ?
This would indicate the rim size and make it easier to answer your question.
Is there another number, like "13" or "14" after the "200/65/"
and before the "R" ?
This would indicate the rim size and make it easier to
answer your question.

Sorry I meant to say, before OR after the "R" something like "200/65/15R" or "200/65/R 15"
No it only has Michelin TRX and the codes I gave (200/65/R's) plus the safety info/psi info but no size!

But looking at them and book I think they are 14's
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - Mike H
No it only has Michelin TRX and the codes I gave
(200/65/R's) plus the safety info/psi info but no size!
But looking at them and book I think they are 14's

This is the clue we need - as far as I know, TRXs were only available in metric sizes - my old Saab 900 turbo had 390s, which equates to roughly 15" diameter. The only other tyres that were available in these metric sizes that I know of were Avon.
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - henry k
A Google search for TRX Tyres does not produce many hits but lots of comments re rare & expensive. SAAB, BMW and Citroen also mentioned.
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - John S
Mike

I believe you're right - the runflats were only made by a couple of companies - certainly Dunlop and Michelin, and had metric rims sizes with different rim profile which are definitely not compatible with standard inch sized tyres. Didn't know Avon made them.

JS
Pirelli did some non-run flat metric equivalent tyres to the Dunlop run flat ones for the metro, maybe they do one for the Fuego.
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - Victorbox
Try Vintage Tyre Supplies of Beaulieu, Hampshire: www.vintagetyres.com/vts/contactus.asp Use the search function. This shows up several sizes of TRX metric Michelins. If your tyres are not listed they are very helpful so they may be worth a call.
Many thanks my friend will be phoning Vintage Tyre Supplies of Beaulieu am monday!
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - Pugugly {P}
Handy site that - should be added to HJ's Directory.
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - Civic8
A 205mm should replace the 200 without any problems..being 5mm wider. As far as I`m aware wheel diameter is in inches. and is the standard though could be wrong on that?. But cant see a problem with wider tyre
--
Steve
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - Westair
I know this is old but Renault Fuego tyres were not run flats but the fabulous TRX which is still used by high performance cars such as Ferrari.
The rim was special and is 340mm. This stops wrong sizes and also stops TRX being fitted to standard wheels

fuego-gtx.8k.com/
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - jc2
Even Granadas were fitted with TRX at one time.
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - jc2
TRX were not "run-flat" but were designed to stay on the rim if punctured.Surely the simplest(and cheapest) would be a set of Renault wheels(non-TRX)of similar width and offset.With modern compounds a 195 would be more than adequate-particularly in line with the performance of the Fuego.
Renault Fuego Tyres (200 width)? - Halmer
Can anyone remember the fantastic advert (filmed in the desert if I recall properly)?