Megane heater matrix - davemar
Looks like my heater matrix has sprung a leak since I've changed the coolant, maybe my efforts to purge an airlock damaged it, or the crud inside it has unblocked a leak.

Looking at the Haynes manual I am cross-referenced to virtually every chapter where it seems I have to take the whole insides of the car apart to get the thing out. Has anyone attempted this job, as is it as bad as it seems?
Megane heater matrix - P 2501
Not done one, but on almost every modern car the entire dash board and other parts have to come out. Around 6-8 hours of garage time i'm afriad.
Megane heater matrix - davemar
The words "6-8 hours" and "garage" in the same sentence equals bankruptcy! ;)

I'm starting to tackle the job myself at the moment, and Haynes mentions removing the whole dash, though I think I get away without it. So far removed most of the lower trim, and the blower housing from under the bonnet. Not taking anything more apart until the new matrix arrives, so I'll see how things pan out...
Megane heater matrix - P 2501
You're a brave man.
Megane heater matrix - Mike H
Megane heaters seem to be a problem at the moment! I flushed the system out in mine a couple of weeks ago to try & get the heater working but I was only partially successful - it only works when the engine has few revs on it and is pumping the water through hard! I too looked at the Haynes manual and it looks a nightmare to change - luckily I don't think I've got a leak so I'm getting the local garage to flush it with something more powerful than I can get in the local motor factor.

Good luck.