Honest John Radio 2 (Edit: last night)? - Reggie
Last night whilst driving to work with the Johnnie Walker show on, I am sure Johnnie said that Honest John is on tonight (Thursday) talking about the closure of motorways after accidents. Is this correct and is it the 18.30hrs slot?

Can this be confirmed by anybody as I would like to listen if possible.

Reggie
Honest John on Radio 2 tonight? - borasport20
Nope, you missed him - he was on last night.

you can always listen again at
www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/index.shtml?logo

--
Sept 2004 - 'Britain on the Move'
curious ? see www.mikes-walks.co.uk
Honest John on Radio 2 tonight? - Reggie
Thanks for that. I'm actually just 30 minutes into Johnnies show from last night on the radio 2 web site. I usually only hear the last 20/25 minutes whilst I drive to work for the dreaded night shift, and just caught what must have been Johnnies recap of the show.
I'll listen to it in an hour or so then.

Reggie
Honest John on Radio 2 tonight? - pdc {P}
So what did he say then, for those who can't be bothered with the poor interface implementation of the real audio player at the BBC web sites.
Honest John on Radio 2 tonight? - helicopter
I think the four police cars crashing thread last week probably gave most people a good idea of HJ's opinion.

It did cause a bit of bovver with the boys in blue who have to deal with the problem and caused a couple of spin off threads.

It is a very emotive area when death and injury are involved and it is difficult to divorce what some see as motorists selfishness from what others see as a growing problem which has to be addressed.
Honest John on Radio 2 tonight? - PoloGirl
I think the four police cars crashing thread last week probably
gave most people a good idea of HJ's opinion.

People who've heard this - was there anyone else on there, e.g. from the emergency services or highways agency, to give a more informed opinion?

Please don't make me go and listen to Radio 2!

Honest John on Radio 2 tonight? - No Do$h
Go on! You know you want to......
Honest John on Radio 2 tonight? - PoloGirl
Go on! You know you want to......

Believe me... even repeat playings of Radio 2 would be exciting today.

I'm stuck in the most bizarre temp job this week - lots of people have left this company as it's functions have moved to another office. There's no work to do, so they're paying me quite well (and the same amount again to the agency) to sit here on my own, surf the net and read Cosmo on the offchance that the phone might ring (and I can transfer the call to the other office) or we might get a bit of post. The only benefit being that it's within walking distance of home so poor Polo thinks I've fallen out of love with him.

Honest John on Radio 2 tonight? - borasport20
HJ basically said what you would have expected him to say if you've read his posts on the subject.

'Balance' was in the form of a guy from 'The RAC' who didn't seem to add much to the discussion - but then he didnt even make it clear if he was from The RAC (private members club with dining rooms in Pall Mall), The RAC (breakdown service run by the same people who own British Gas), or The RAC foundation (charitable body that claims to speak on behalf of motorists)

--
Sept 2004 - 'Britain on the Move'
curious ? see www.mikes-walks.co.uk
Honest John on Radio 2 tonight? - Dalglish
The RAC (breakdown service run by the same people who own
British Gas),

>>

i think you may have got this wrong.
i believe centrica used to own "the aa", until a few weeks ago.
the rac is owned by a different company ( maybe lex ? )

Honest John on Radio 2 tonight? - Bromptonaut
Perhaps midlife can confirm but I think there are two issues that can usefully be compartmentalised for discussion. The first, as rehearsed here and in the earlier thread, is the need for a thorough investigation. The second is the requirement for the employer(s) of those investigating to secure safe working conditions for their staff.

A quick safety assessment will identify a whole raft of risks associated with people using complex forensic kit working in close proximity to flowing traffic. Investigator steps into path of vehicle and rubbernecker veers off into accident site to name but two. Inevitably the control measure adopted will be total closure of the road. The person making that decision will have only limited time to reach a conclusion. The lawyers for widow of the deceased copper who walked backwards into a crawling artic will have unlimited time and funds to apply 20/20 hindsight to the decision. They won’t be impressed by a wish to keep the traffic flowing.

And then there’s the risk of a claim of traumatic stress from a passer by who sees the mangled remains……………
Honest John on Radio 2 tonight? - No Do$h
Ok, thread closed. We're going round in the same circles. Most of the threads here contain valid comment but I can't see any form of agreement coming from the opposing camps. Enjoy the interview if you get the chance, but no more discussion on the subject for now.

No Dosh - Backroom Moderator
mailto:moderators@honestjohn.co.uk