Seat Arosa poor radio reception - shoei
My Seat Arosa (2004/04) has got very poor radio reception. I have taken it to the dealers who have replaced the aerial and roof mounting and the cable from the back of the stereo to the aerial. This did not work and the reception is still bad. Next week they will repalce the radio/CD and amplifier. Has anyone heard of the same fault?
Seat Arosa poor radio reception - BB
Is it on FM and MW or just MW? I have had several VW's with no capability of getting radio 5 on MW.
Seat Arosa poor radio reception - shoei
All of the wave lengths, and most anoying its very bad on FM, my golf has no problems on the same journey.
Seat Arosa poor radio reception - AR-CoolC
Sounds like the in-line booster, if you know how, remove the head unit from the dash and check the white wire is connected(sometimes blue).
Seat Arosa poor radio reception - Stuartli
It could also be poor earthing of the aerial.
Is it on FM and MW or just MW? I have
had several VW's with no capability of getting radio 5 on
MW.

Never had any problem with my three VWs over a period of 14 years picking up MW stations, including Radio 5 Live.

There are at least two frequencies transmitting this station.
Seat Arosa poor radio reception - Bromptonaut
The Citroen badged (Blaupunkt?) set in my Xantia is quite poor on AM whether MW or LW. Five live often weak on both 693 and 909, R4LW just crosses the channel. Ancient Kenwood in even more ancient BX had 198 loud and clear as far out as Chalon sur Marne.

Number of modern household radios are also weak on AM, it's no longer seen as important by set designers more intersted in providing toys for the user.
Seat Arosa poor radio reception - Civic8
Think you will find it will be the norm..As DAB Digital audio broadcasting.. comes in. though it also depends on pulling power of radio as to what reception you get. some makes better than others.As has been the case for a long time.
--
Was mech1
You can adjust the sensitivity of a wireless, such as a portable, if you know what to do - ask a friend whose savvy in this direction.

I "tune" my various portable radios to improve reception as the factory settings are often a bit slap happy.

Re the Seat Arosa - don't know if Seat uses the same ICE products as other VAG models, but my Bora's Gamma system picks up MW with excellent clarity during the day and very little fade at night.

In fact I also have to turn the volume down on MW if I've been listening to Radio Two or other FM stations and switched over to Radio 5 Live.