Petrol prices - Jeff M
Why is a litre of petrol 69.9 pence per liter. Why can they cut out the psycology and call it 70? Do they really think we're stupid enough to worry about 0.1 pence a litre (or half a pence a gallon)?

I suppose it's like shops selling stuff at £5.99 instead of £6.00 so you think you're saving money. Isn't it about time we dumped this. Think of all those 1p coins you wouldn't need anymore!

JM
Re: Petrol prices - ladas are cool
in this country we need all the money we can get, what with all the different taxes etc.
Re: Petrol prices - Andrew Tarr
Since one can buy any amount of fuel, the actual price is not important. I always buy a round number of litres - makes it easier to track consumption.
Re: Petrol prices - Nick Dixon
And why is it that while petrol has dropped about 5p just recently, diesel is still around 75p a litre?

Is the price of diesel being kept artificially high to subsidise a bigger reduction in petrol price?

I don't drive a diesel, but I *have* been considering one - now I'm wavering again.

--
Nick
Re: Petrol prices - Brian
Diesel is always slightly more expensive in winter, because it is interchangeable with heating oil and demand determines price.