Punto paint/bumper problem - Crumpets
Hi, last year the front right wing of my car got a bit mashed when a girl in a corsa went into the side of it in a carpark (grr), and my motor was taken away to be fixed. when it came back, i found that they'd gotten some paint on the front bumper, anyone know how i can get the paint off without roughing up the bumper? it's a mk 1 punto 60S, the bumper is just all black plastic, not painted or anything, i'm not gonna try paint stripper because i'm guessing it'll just melt the bumper or something! (or am i wrong?)

any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Punto paint/bumper problem - Ivor E Tower
Careful work with a scalpel? Cellulose thinners then wash with plenty of warm water afterwards?
sorry i didn't mention, it's not a blob of paint, it's from where they sprayed the front right wing, and some of the spray went on the bumper, so there's a hand-sized area of the bumper that's got a very thin coat of sprayed white paint, would i be able to rub it off with some of this cellulose thinner do you think?

thanks for helping by the way :)
Punto paint/bumper problem - PhilW
Pretty certain that cellulose thinner would do it - but test on a small out of sight bit first to make sure it doesn't damage the plastic
ok thanks :)
Punto paint/bumper problem - Dynamic Dave
Pretty certain that cellulose thinner would do it

Depends if it was resprayed with two pack. That can be pretty hard stuff to remove.
what's two pack? is that a stronger paint?

and it's been raining here today, would it be best to wait for a dry day before trying the thinner on the bumper, or does it not matter whether it's wet or dry?
Punto paint/bumper problem - Dynamic Dave
what's two pack? is that a stronger paint?

It's mentioned in this thread. Note the warnings of using it.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=23963