towboard wiring - Audi A4 1.9 TDI - chemik89
Hi, can anyone help me to solve a problem I\'ve encountered wiring up my new towbar. I\'ve followed the instructions for wiring the 7 pin plug up, and everything seems fine till I connect the tow board and only 1 brake light works on the board. Should I put a bridge across the other connector on the socket?
Cheers.......
towboard wiring - RichardW
There should only be 1 brake connection in the socket (black IIRC). The tail lights should be split (connected to red / brown), indicators on green / orange, fogs on blue, and white earth. Sure there isn't a wiring fault or blown bulb in the trailer board?

--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
towboard wiring - Dynamic Dave
Hi, can anyone help me to solve a problem I\'ve encountered
wiring up my new towbar.

Might help if you mention what car it\'s fitted to?
(See www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=20236 )

DD. BR Moderator.
towboard wiring - percy
Come on DD give the guy a hand! Try www.towsure.co.uk they have wiring diagrams and lots of info. Good luck, Percy.
towboard wiring - Dynamic Dave
Come on DD give the guy a hand!

I *thought* I was trying to ;o) Vague questions can sometimes receive vague answers.

(Must get around to popping in & seeing you and the rest of the gang sometime to say hello.)
towboard wiring - Dwight Van Driver
Red wire (stop light) needs to be duplicated across to the other lamp unit. Likewise the white (earth return).

DVD on a roll<**********
towboard wiring - chemik89
hi, sorry about the vaguness, the car is a 1996 Audi A4 1.9 TDI. {Duly edited into subject header. DD}

I will try Dwights suggestion. Thanks for the help guys......