Auto Elecrician Reading Area - Motormark
Can anybody help. My E240 Merc '98 Plate has just failed MOT on the fact that it has no power getting to both front and rear sidelights
I need an auto electrician but they seem in short supply

Regards
Auto Elecrician Reading Area - Dynamic Dave
Have you, or the garage that did the MOT checked the fuses are ok?

If it is only a fuse, why pay through the nose for a garage to fix the problem? Consult the car's handbook for the following data; locate which fuse(s) it is, and then check the fuse in the fuse box is ok.
Auto Elecrician Reading Area - greaser pv
I know of one ( who is mobile ) but is based in Aldershot .He\'s very good - usually v.busy - Not prepared to give out his no. without his say so and I would probably go through D.D. or one of the other moderators. Reading may be at the limit of his range .Reply if interested and I\'ll contact him .
Auto Elecrician Reading Area - percy
Haynes Bros in Wallingford 01491 836097 should be worth a call, but I don't think they are mobile. Good luck, Percy.
Auto Elecrician Reading Area - Phil I
LS UK (used to be J. Lucas) have branch in Reading Ph.Nr. is

01189 861202

Hth Phil I
Auto Elecrician Reading Area - Motormark
ALL thanks for response. Yes I have checked fuse.
Interested in you man in Alershot. Can you email details to mark.hetherington@jacobs.com
Auto Elecrician Reading Area - SjB {P}
Auto Electrician Reading Area

Isn't that a library? ;-)
Auto Elecrician Reading Area - percy
You have said the fuse is ok, so why not put a test lamp or voltmeter on the terminals of the side light switch? Is there a sidelight relay? Is it working? Many cars have different off and near side fused circuits so it could be a missing common feed. Probably not too easy unless you have a circuit... Good luck.