LED Indicators - Volvo S60 - volvos60T5SE
I have bought some LED indicator bulbs for my Volvo S60 as it eats bulbs for breakfast, however, when i put them in, the LED\'s light up and flash but the car flashes the indicators as if an indicator bulb has fused, fast ticking! does anyone know what i can do to stop this.

Thanks!
LED Indicators - Volvo S60 - Sooty Tailpipes
When I bought some they did this, but I found the output was rubbish anyway, in sunlight you could'nt see them, and they had a narrow viewing angle and a sort of circle of light in the middle of the lens wher ethe cluster of LEDs were, so I didn't bother putting a ballast resistor in the circuit. May be worth checking you really want to keep them first and if yours are a good substitute, can you please post the source, as I would consider them too.
Thanks,
LED Indicators - Volvo S60 - David Horn
Try putting a resistor in series with the indicators.

IMHO, it's more bother than it's worth as you'd have to chop into your car's wiring to do it. Perhaps the fact that it's eating indicator bulbs suggests that there's a problem elsewhere in the system?
LED Indicators - Volvo S60 - volvos60T5SE
Hi, Bought LED's on ebay (surprise surprise!!)
Here's the link -
stores.ebay.co.uk/Waxacar-Car-Styling
I will try placing a resistor between the connectors.

Thanks for UR help!
LED Indicators - Volvo S60 - Sooty Tailpipes
You would need a large ceramic resistor, you could try a 10w one first.

P=VI
10w =12x0.8
R=V/I
15??12/0.8

15 ohm 10w resistor, if that's no good, try a 7ohm 20w
LED Indicators - Volvo S60 - Peter D
I think you are all off course here. Please measure the current drawn by one of these LED bulbs and come back and tell me the current. Then the correct solution can be calculated. Regards Peter
LED Indicators - Volvo S60 - Rhubarb
www.ultraleds.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=44&prod...d is probably the easiest/quickest answer to this problem. Be aware of 2 things though: 1. These devices will get quite hot during prolonged use so they need to be sited carefully. 2. Should one of your LED bulbs fail, you will not get the usual 'fast ticking' warning you are getting now.

HTH - Andy
LED Indicators - Volvo S60 - John S
These LED units draw far less current than a normal incandescent bulbs. The failed bulb/fast tick response is triggered by the low current flow caused by one bulb being open circuit, and the system is seeing these low current LEDs as a bulb failed situation. If anything you'd want a high current path in parallel with these bulbs, not in series. Each will have to absorb about the 21w of the normal bulb - about 1.5 amps at the normal running voltage of 14V. They could get quite hot in operation.

JS
LED Indicators - Volvo S60 - jc
I've only seen them recommended for stoplights probably because of this.
LED Indicators - Volvo S60 - pmh
Best cheap high wattage load resistor is to put a bulb in parallel with LEDS! Rating will depend on what current is taken by LEDS. For longetivity I would possibly try a 24V 21 watt bulb.

pmh (was peter)