1999 Vectra Diesel Starting problem - robert
Hi,

A pal has a 1999 - T reg Vectra 2.0 Diesel. It has 114 on the clock.

Recently, the car hasn't been starting 1st time from cold. No matter how long it is cranking over. However, it then always starts on the 2nd attempt.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in anticipation .........
1999 Vectra Diesel Starting problem - Railroad.
Renew the fuel leak off pipes. They let in air and fuel drains back to the tank overnight, so you have to crank the engine until the pump pulls fuel up again.
1999 Vectra Diesel Starting problem - robert
Thanks Railroad - is this a common problem, have you seen it before?

Where are these pipes located, where do they run too/from and are they expensive?

Sorry about so many questions ......

:))
1999 Vectra Diesel Starting problem - Railroad.
It's a very common problem on Vauxhall DTi engines. You can buy spill pipe from any motor factor shop or main dealer, it's as cheap as chips and a dead easy job.
1999 Vectra Diesel Starting problem - wemyss
The pipes are hairy! rubber ones located right in the front of the engine and disappear under the plastic Ecotek cover to the injectors. A friend who is a Vauxhall mechanic did mine for me.
He cut them of a few inches before they reach the cover and sprayed WD40 or similar up the remaining stubs and then used small mole grips to twist them off. He said one is usually a struggle but all mine came off easily.
The new pipe is of a hard rubber and is simply cut to size and connected back on to the injectors and to the small plastic tee pieces. Took him no more than 10 minutes and cured the problem.
You have to buy the pipe in a metre length from Vauxhall and costs about a fiver.
He tells me in 9 out of 10 cases its the leak off pipes but if not its the injector seals and this is a different ball game altogether and a big job.
1999 Vectra Diesel Starting problem - Sooty Tailpipes
GM identified a problem with the original textile covered pipes, they perished very quickly, the new replacement pipe is a bit thicker, and smooth, probably just ordinary fuel pipe you can get anywhere, looks like it!
1999 Vectra Diesel Starting problem - matstro
Hope people don't mind that I've bunped this one up!

Simple question: can worn leak off pipes on these Vauxhall DTI's cause a rough idle or idle problems or is it only a starting issue?
1999 Vectra Diesel Starting problem - ukbigd
Can i bump this up you cured my problem in an stroke with this article My DTI Was playing me up and i found the damaged pipe at the leak off pipes