Pug 306 steering left - greg
Hi

Any suggestions as to what could be causing my 306 xsi to steer left all the time? It's not tyre pressures and the garage who serviced and MOT'd said the tracking was fine.

It is very annoying! Any thoughts?

Ta
Pug 306 steering left - solara
Sounds very similar to my thread....Except mines pulls to the right.
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=24...6

Mine is a 98 xsi with 60k miles. I haven't noticed any wierd steering issues when the engine is off as you mentioned.

Steering feels fine, no clunks or anything. Brake pads and discs (front) and pads (rear) just changed, so shouldn't be a rubbing brake.
Pug 306 steering left - Dynamic Dave

Unless you've got directional tyres fitted, try swapping the front left and right wheels around to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks. I'll give it a go. I guess I'll need two jacks or a pile of bricks in order to do it (or axle stands/big heavy weight jack)?
Pug 306 steering left - Mapmaker
>>a pile of bricks

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Please, NO!

Bricks will shatter, as they are brittle. Under no circumstances put them under your car. (The reason you can build a house with them but not support a house is that the mortar spreads the loads, whereas two bricks next to each other will have a localised spot where stress is incredibly high, and failure will ensue.)

The way I'd do it would be to take off one wheel & replace it with the spare.

Take off the other wheel & put on first wheel.

Swap spare for second wheel.
Pug 306 steering left - Dynamic Dave
I guess I'll need two jacks or....

....Pop along to your local tyre garage and get them to do it for a couple of quid.

So no bricks. I would like to think I would have thought twice about that one anyway, but sometimes my mind does funny things. I like the idea of using the spare wheel. Makes loads of sense! Why didn't I think of that?!

Cheers! Fingers crossed it solves the problem.