Vauxhall Omega Coolant Level - Kjs
Hi,

This is my first post to this forum - and I do hope that your guys could help.

I have a 1997 Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6 Auto, and up until now it has been fine - but over the weekend I got the 'Coolant Level' warning on the trip computer (and I had filled it up just the day before). I looked at the level later that evening and it was full.

Driving the car on Monday, I had the same message come up several times, and I also noticed that the temperature gauge went from zero to about the halfway mark in about 10 minutes (while my BMW takes about 20minutes or so). While drving I have noticed that the needle creeps past the halfway mark - but when I'm stopped at a traffic light the needle comes down below the halfway mark (possibly because the fan has kicked in). Any ideas guys as to what it might be?

Also, does anyone know of any reliable Vauxhall mechanics in the NW London area other than the main dealers?

Many Thanks

Khalid
Vauxhall Omega Coolant Level - Sooty Tailpipes
Sounds like a faulty level sender unit...quite common, but whole header tank has to be replaced. You could try removing header tank and flushing with caustic soda or something, but never known it to work.

The coolant temperature fluctuations are fine as long as they are in the normal range.
Vauxhall Omega Coolant Level - Kjs
Thanks for that info - but (call me dumb) whats the level sender unit or the header tank?
Vauxhall Omega Coolant Level - Dynamic Dave
whats the level sender unit.

It's a float type device with an incorperated switch. Depending on the level of water, the switch will either be on or off.
or the header tank?

It's also known an expansion tank. You mentioned earlier up this thread that you checked the coolant level - well that's the tank that ST is referring to.