Fog lights again (FAO Robin!) - Carole Adams
I had to restart this thread because I wanted to answer Robin's reply to my last one, but it had dropped off the page into oblivion.

He wrote that he flashes at cars with front fogs on because he gets - ahem - annoyed. My point is, on a foggy day, which demands rear fogs for safety, some cars will have front fogs on automatically. So, he will be will be flashing them for something over which they have no choice. Now, I don't know about you, but I get a bit - ahem again - annoyed if I feel I've been flashed unnecessarily (and possibly distracted). And by the way, it may not be vanity after all to have them on, eh?

That's it, I've made my point. Back to writing irate letters to Citroen.
Re: Fog lights again (FAO Robin!) - David W
Carole,

......Back to writing irate letters to Citroen..........

Not a tiny fault on the near perfect Citroen surely?

David
Re: Fog lights again (FAO Robin!) - Cockle
Carole,

As someone else who gets wound up by front fogs, I only object when they are used when they shouldn't be i.e. clear midsummer evening. If it's foggy I've got no problem especially as it appears that on some makes that if you've got the rear fogs on you've no choice.
I suppose it's a bit like most things that wind me up, they tend to be the result of people doing inappropriate, or even stupid, things at inappropriate times in inappropriate places.
Re: Fog lights again (FAO Robin!) - N.Witherall

I could not agree more,in the right conditions fine,as a look I have the top of the rasnge with the front fog lights so I'm going to use them wrong.

Cannot understand why more use is not made of TV to publicise this and other points of driving such as you may enter the hatched section of road when turning right if its clear,you do not have to hold up following taffic by waiting until the broken White line stops.

Norman
Re: Fog lights again (FAO Robin!) - John Davis
And that irritating habit, which some drivers have, of not using the long lead off, thoughtfully provided at many left turns, but waiting until they are right on the junction before turning left and leaving the stream of moving traffic
Re: Fog lights again (FAO Robin!) - Cockle
Cracking point, Norman, why isn't more use made of TV on driver education?
It seems money is available for all the anti-speeding adverts, presumably comes out of the fines, so why not broaden that out and use some of the 'ill-gotten gains' to educate road users away from all the little things that annoy. I think that would probably help everyone calm down on the road just a little.
Re: Fog lights again (FAO Robin!) - Colin M
Carole, if the visibility is good enough that your front fogs are irritating people, then the rears are certainly not required.

The only time these things are any use are in real pea soupers, of which I can't remember the last one.

Colin
Re: Fog lights again (FAO Robin!) - Brian
The same rule applies to both front fogs and high intensity rears.

If you can see 100 metres it is illegal to have them on.
Re: Fog lights again (FAO Robin!) - Andy P
AndyBrian wrote:
>
> The same rule applies to both front fogs and high intensity
> rears.
>
> If you can see 100 metres it is illegal to have them on.

Maybe that's as far as these idiots can see...

Andy
Re: Fog lights again (FAO Robin!) - John Kenyon
Brian wrote:
>
> The same rule applies to both front fogs and high intensity
> rears.
>
> If you can see 100 metres it is illegal to have them on.

Not always true - if the road is empty no offence is committed.

/john
Re: Fog lights again (FAO Robin!) - Brian
It might not be as far as they can see (if it is they should be off the road due to defective eyesight) but it is as far ahead as they look, which is why they find themselves doing 70 mph with stationary traffic 105 metres ahead. Whoops!
Re: Fog lights again (FAO Robin!) - Carole Adams
Colin wrote:

> Carole, if the visibility is good enough that your front fogs are irritating people, then the rears are certainly not required.

Point taken, and I agree, but wasn't Robin saying they irritated him just because they were on? - he didn't say, because they dazzled him. And if that's what he meant, well, fair enough.

David W. wrote:

> Not a tiny fault on the near perfect Citroen surely?

Perish the thought!
Re: Fog lights again (FAO Robin!) - ROBIN
I've just replied to Carole privately to say that I've used the foglights once in the last 200,00 miles.
I also said that many offenders were driving German cars,many of which have dipped beams so poor as to consitute a safety issue in themselves......
What is actually dangerous here,rather than merely irritating,is using rear foglights in the rain,indeed I should like to see the sensor that automatically starts the wipers(sadly unavailable on Ladas) also dim the brakelights.
Most vehicles are not driven by Moles and there is far too much light about and far too bright as well.
Re: Fog lights again (FAO Robin!) - ROBIN
What Citroen is it,Carole?