Golf, when`s my time up ? - shoei
I have done 17000 miles in my Golf 1.6SE and I`m getting nervous as to when the service reminder on the computer will start to flash (or what ever it does). The Golf is 16 months old and I am wondering when will it be ready for a service?
Golf, when`s my time up ? - Mapmaker
Is this a car with 'variable' servicing? (i.e. that is supposed to compensate for how you drive?)
Sorry, I should have said that earlier, Yes it is.
I've no idea. But I was wondering idly how the warrantly on the car would be affected if the servicing computer failed & it never told you that it was due for a service!
This has crossed my mind also !!!!!
Golf, when`s my time up ? - daveyjp
If the Golf is like my Audi you press the left trip computer button on the instruments while the engine is running but whilst you are stationery. It will tell you when the service is due. At 2,000 miles to go it will tell you automatically. The service has to be carried out after 2 years anyway so your 2 years may expire before the mileage reaches its recommended level. My TDi is saying 3,000 to service and its done 23,000 miles.
Thanks for your reply.I haven`t got a left trip button, all I have is the clock adjust button on the left of the speedo and the trip reset button on the right. I have the controls for the computer on the end of the windsceen wiper stalk, will this tell me ? I have looked in the manual, but no luck
ring your dealer?
Golf, when`s my time up ? - daveyjp
Apologies, it's the clock adjust button you need. Press this and it will tell you.
Golf, when`s my time up ? - Stuartli
The official explanation for variable intervals for VW Golf/Bora models manufactured from model year 2000 is that "the oil service may occur at 10,000 miles if being used under extreme driving conditions.

"However, if it is being used under moderate driving conditions it may occur at 20,000 miles together with the inspection service.

"It is important to realise that this system is completely variable according to how the vehicle is being used and, therefore, the service should be carried out when indicated on the display."

A rider adds: "Even so, it's recommended that the oil and filter changes are done at least twice a year as they are good for the engine."
Golf, when`s my time up ? - kenl
My dealer told me that they expected the average Golf to go about 17k miles between services on the long life service regime.

Could be more & could be less of course.
Golf, when`s my time up ? - apm
God, my Leon Cupra sang for its first service at not much over 10k. I can't be driving it that hard, surely??!! Is this different for the 1.8T engine?

Alex.
--
Dr Alex Mears
Seat Leon Cupra
If you are in a hole stop digging...unless
you are a miner.
Golf, when`s my time up ? - kenl
Is the Leon on the same variable service system as VW and does it use the same SLX LongLife oil?
It has happened, the computer has told me its 1900 miles until service, so that means 19000 miles between services, that seems reasonable to me, booked her in for October with free courtesy car.