Buying advice - a 4 wheel drive for ... - TimR
Folks,

We need a little advice. We are looking a for a small diesel 4 wheel drive car for commuting that will be cheap to run and will get us to work in the harsh winter here in north east Scotland. We don?t really want to spend a lot of money but rather than give a budget we just want to hear ideas. It doesn't have to be new ( it can be any age in fact) just as long as it meets the above criteria.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Tim R.
Buying advice - a 4 wheel drive for ... - carl_a
Fiat are bringing out the Panda 4x4 soon, or there is the Daihatsu Siron 4trak. Both are petrol but should return 40 + MPG, I can't think of a small diesel thats 4wd.
Buying advice - a 4 wheel drive for ... - PR {P}
I think the Panda you mention should be avaialable with the 1.3 Multijet diesel. Might have a bit of a wait before it arrives on these shores however.
Buying advice - a 4 wheel drive for ... - Happy Blue!
Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin
Tyota RAV4
Suzuki Vitara

All very reliable and models several years old so should be possible to get a diesel for reasonable money.

Diahatsu Terios - not diesel but small 1.3 engine from Yaris so should be economical.

Wasn't there also a 4WD Suzuki Swift or small Subaru type thing that looked similar?
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Buying advice - a 4 wheel drive for ... - No Do$h
Subaru Justy. Beloved of Farmers' wives across the dales and moors of this beloved country*.

(* That last bit may have been said with a teeny weeny bit of tongue in cheek)
We also have a 406 coupe V6. The 4x4 will be for my wife who does the 60 mile round-trip- commute into Aberdeen each day and for visits to various clients around the highlands. Because of the high mileage simply on the commute we could do without the fuel used by a big 4x4.
Buying advice - a 4 wheel drive for ... - PR {P}
www.italiaspeed.com/news_2003/panda_abarth_october...l

You should get 60mpg+ from the diesel Panda 4x4
Buying advice - a 4 wheel drive for ... - Big Cat
Suzuki Jimny is a great small 4x4. Reliable and very good off road.
I hear ther is a new small 4x4 Audi on the way?